Re: [TexasCzechs] Fwd: Chechoslovakia

  • Allen Livanec
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
       The Czech word for Moravia is Morava.

      From: Roland Beausoleil <rbeausoleil@...>
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: rbeausoleil@...
      Sent: Thu, November 1, 2012 7:35:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Fwd: Chechoslovakia

      Hi Grandma,

          I'm pretty sure that Maehren is Czech for Moravia which is one of the 2 provinces? of Czechoslovakia, the other being Bohemia. (Note - I'm not sure if Moravia and Bohemia are called provinces or something else).

              Beau

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
        Mahren is the German word which designates the Moravian part of the
        Czech lands. Silesia is the northern part of Moravia and it extends into
        what is now Poland. The German word for Bohemia is Böhmen.

        Hope this helps.

        Greg Stone
        Researching: Halamíček, Baroň, Kubiš, Koňařik
      • robert trampota
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012

            Dobry den,

          Dekuji pro informace on Moravia.  Leroy Janda would like to have a flyer of the
          state CHS mtg. sent to him.  Would you please  e-mail him one--I sometimes
          mess up on forwarding items.  Dekuji moc,  Robert

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
            Maehren is the German name for Moravia, the eastern province of the Czech Republic. Silesia is a region in the northeastern part of Moravia.

          • salvarez4@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012

              A big thanks to everyone