obit: Fern Pearl Edwards Roznovak

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      Surrounded by family, Fern Pearl Roznovak passed away Saturday, July 30, 2005 at the age of 78 after a courageous battle with cancer. She was born November 13, 1926 in Lone Wolf, Oklahoma, but was a resident of Corpus Christi for most of her life.

      Fern graduated from Corpus Christi High School. She was a long-time member of St. John’s United Methodist Church. She worked at Fedway Department Store for 22 years before going to JC Penneys. After her retirement from JC Penneys, she enjoyed activities with her family and friends.

      Fern was preceded in death by her husband John Roznovak; her parents, Herschel Edwards and Lida Daniels; and her brothers, Donald and Deloy Edwards.

      She is survived by two daughters, Margaret (Gary) Schwartz and Betty (Gene) Black; grandchildren, Lori Ware, Eric Schwartz, Melanie (Brandon) Mitchell, and Nicholas (Holly) Black; great-grandchildren, Dalton and Kylee Ware; sister-in-law Virginia Edwards; and several nieces and nephews.

      We would like to express our appreciation to Pastor Will Rice for helping the family through the final moments of our mother’s life.

      In lieu of flowers, contributions may be given to Vista Care Hospice, St. John’s United Methodist Church, or Grace United Methodist Church.

      Visitation will be held on Monday, August 1, 2005 at Seaside Funeral Home with family to receive friends from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Funeral Services will be held at St. John’s United Methodist Church, 5300 S. Alameda, at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, August 2, 2005.

      Interment will follow at Seaside Memorial Park with Reverend John Elford officiating.

      Corpus Christi Caller