Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Looking for cousins (Lesikar's)

  • R E Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
      This may be a different bunch of Lesikars entirely, but this Houston frame shop/gallery is owned by a fellow named Chris Lesikar:
      http://www.frametekart.com/

      On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 8:07 AM, celestebanda <celestebanda@...> wrote:

      Hi, I am the caretaker of the Old Marak Cemetery in Marak in Milam County just down the road from Bell County. There are two Lesikars buried in the Catholic side of the Old Marak Cemetery, Albina (1901-1904) and Emilie (1896-1900). There may be others buried in the church cemetery in front of the church. Not sure if this is of any help.

      Celeste Banda

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Michael Maxwell <kd5giv@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am looking for cousins. I am talking about the Lesikar's of Bell,
      > County Texas.
      > Jan (1832-1899) and Rozilie's (1824-1922) sons and daughters.
      > Specifically, their son Benjamin (1863-1919) and Benjamin's son Frank
      > Joe Lesikar. Frank Joe Lesikar was my great Grandfather. Frank Joe's
      > daughter Minnie is my grandmother. I never met Minnie since she died
      > in 1972 and my father was only 15.
      >
      > --
      > Michael Maxwell
      > Ham Radio Call sign: KD5GIV

    • Douglas Jakubik
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
      Good morning.  Doug Jakubik following your comments.   Plenty of Lesikars around.   In fact we have a reunion coming up in a few months and I
      sure would like to invite you to come and join us.

      See attachment 1 is for the Lesikar cementary.
      Attachment 2 in the invite to the reunion.
      Attachment 3 is Rank & Rozalie Leshikar family tree/pictures
      Attachment 4 is a real nice map/tree informtion on the Lesikars.

      My wife JoAnn and I live northwest of Weatherford, Texas, in fact our place is next door to Lynwood Lesikar's cattle ranch.

      My grandfather was Henry M. Jakubik, he was married to Annie Lesikar, she died when dad (Henry A. Jakubik) was about 4 years old.  We all grew up
      around Seaton, Texas, school, church, cementery.   Later in life, Temple, Texas......then I went off to a military career.

      Richar Lesikar, a cousin lives in Grandbury is the family guru.     Another Danny Lesikar lives in Ark.

      My email is kf4kd@...  for personal.

      Cell phone  817-613-6131

      By the way, I work a lot with the Ocker Church, all of our famly, all sides attended there/etc.   I work with Fields of Faith, we are planting churches in the
      Czech Republic.  Ocker sends church members teams there and helps support our mission.

      So if you want more info on Lesikar's........you found it and more...........so can we expect to see you at the reunion?:

      Doug Jakubik

      VP Organizational Development
      Emerging Humaneering Technology

      (C) 817-613-6131  (O) 817-710-6619

      djakubik@...

      www.atrivu.com

      NOTICE:
      This e-mail message and its attachments are for the sole use of the intended
      recipient(s). It may contain confidential information that is privileged or
      recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying
      of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received
      this transmission in error, please notify the sender by either telephone or
      e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message and its attachments in
      all media.

       http://www.linkedin.com/in/txhr1

      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      From: GPATRICK@...
      Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 07:19:13 -0400
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Looking for cousins (Lesikar's)

          You may want to start here:

      Bell County, TX Genealogy and History
      http://www.txbell.net

      I think your family lived around the area near the Ocker Brethren Church which has a cemetery near the church.  They probably go back to the early founding of the Ocker Church around 1900 and I think several members of the family still live near the church.  If some of the family are Catholic they may possibly be buried either near the Seton Church and Cemetery just a couple of miles from Ocker or in the St. Mary's Catholic Church at Westphalia, also located just a few miles from the Ocker Church.

      On the website above is a listing of all of the cemeteries in Bell County and the vast majority of them have been inventoried and a list of burials in the cemeteries is searchable from your computer.

      If you find that these folks are who you are looking for I have quite a bit of information that might be of interest to you.

      Happy Hunting,

      George Patrick