Looking for cousins (Lesikar's)

  • Michael Maxwell
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2012
      Hi,

      I am looking for cousins. I am talking about the Lesikar's of Bell,
      County Texas.
      Jan (1832-1899) and Rozilie's (1824-1922) sons and daughters.
      Specifically, their son Benjamin (1863-1919) and Benjamin's son Frank
      Joe Lesikar. Frank Joe Lesikar was my great Grandfather. Frank Joe's
      daughter Minnie is my grandmother. I never met Minnie since she died
      in 1972 and my father was only 15.

      --
      Michael Maxwell
      Ham Radio Call sign: KD5GIV
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2012
        Hi,

        My family aren't Lesikars, but some of them did marry Lesikars. The Frnka
        family married into the Lesikar family:

        Frank Ferdinand Lesikar (1885 - 1932) married Milada Frnka (1886-1929)

        Milada was my first cousin 4 times removed. Most of the Frnkas and my
        direct relatives, the Sladovniks, still live in Bell, Texas. I know that many of
        the Lesikars still do as well. If you want more information on Frank Lesikar
         and Milada, I have the names of their kids. I did not look into Frank too much
        because he is not a direct relation, but I can find out more if you are interested.

        -Eric Boyd
        Hi,

        I am looking for cousins. I am talking about the Lesikar's of Bell,
        County Texas.
        Jan (1832-1899) and Rozilie's (1824-1922) sons and daughters.
        Specifically, their son Benjamin (1863-1919) and Benjamin's son Frank
        Joe Lesikar. Frank Joe Lesikar was my great Grandfather. Frank Joe's
        daughter Minnie is my grandmother. I never met Minnie since she died
        in 1972 and my father was only 15.

        --
        Michael Maxwell
        Ham Radio Call sign: KD5GIV

      • George Patrick
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
              You may want to start here:

          Bell County, TX Genealogy and History
          http://www.txbell.net

          I think your family lived around the area near the Ocker Brethren Church which has a cemetery near the church.  They probably go back to the early founding of the Ocker Church around 1900 and I think several members of the family still live near the church.  If some of the family are Catholic they may possibly be buried either near the Seton Church and Cemetery just a couple of miles from Ocker or in the St. Mary's Catholic Church at Westphalia, also located just a few miles from the Ocker Church.

          On the website above is a listing of all of the cemeteries in Bell County and the vast majority of them have been inventoried and a list of burials in the cemeteries is searchable from your computer.

          If you find that these folks are who you are looking for I have quite a bit of information that might be of interest to you.

          Happy Hunting,

          George Patrick

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
            Hi, I am the caretaker of the Old Marak Cemetery in Marak in Milam County just down the road from Bell County. There are two Lesikars buried in the Catholic side of the Old Marak Cemetery, Albina (1901-1904) and Emilie (1896-1900). There may be others buried in the church cemetery in front of the church. Not sure if this is of any help.

            Celeste Banda

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Michael Maxwell <kd5giv@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I am looking for cousins. I am talking about the Lesikar's of Bell,
            > County Texas.
            > Jan (1832-1899) and Rozilie's (1824-1922) sons and daughters.
            > Specifically, their son Benjamin (1863-1919) and Benjamin's son Frank
            > Joe Lesikar. Frank Joe Lesikar was my great Grandfather. Frank Joe's
            > daughter Minnie is my grandmother. I never met Minnie since she died
            > in 1972 and my father was only 15.
            >
            > --
            > Michael Maxwell
            > Ham Radio Call sign: KD5GIV

          • R E Davis
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
              This may be a different bunch of Lesikars entirely, but this Houston frame shop/gallery is owned by a fellow named Chris Lesikar:
              http://www.frametekart.com/

              On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 8:07 AM, celestebanda <celestebanda@...> wrote:

              Hi, I am the caretaker of the Old Marak Cemetery in Marak in Milam County just down the road from Bell County. There are two Lesikars buried in the Catholic side of the Old Marak Cemetery, Albina (1901-1904) and Emilie (1896-1900). There may be others buried in the church cemetery in front of the church. Not sure if this is of any help.

              Celeste Banda

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Michael Maxwell <kd5giv@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I am looking for cousins. I am talking about the Lesikar's of Bell,
              > County Texas.
              > Jan (1832-1899) and Rozilie's (1824-1922) sons and daughters.
              > Specifically, their son Benjamin (1863-1919) and Benjamin's son Frank
              > Joe Lesikar. Frank Joe Lesikar was my great Grandfather. Frank Joe's
              > daughter Minnie is my grandmother. I never met Minnie since she died
              > in 1972 and my father was only 15.
              >
              > --
              > Michael Maxwell
              > Ham Radio Call sign: KD5GIV

            • Douglas Jakubik
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
              Good morning.  Doug Jakubik following your comments.   Plenty of Lesikars around.   In fact we have a reunion coming up in a few months and I
              sure would like to invite you to come and join us.

              See attachment 1 is for the Lesikar cementary.
              Attachment 2 in the invite to the reunion.
              Attachment 3 is Rank & Rozalie Leshikar family tree/pictures
              Attachment 4 is a real nice map/tree informtion on the Lesikars.

              My wife JoAnn and I live northwest of Weatherford, Texas, in fact our place is next door to Lynwood Lesikar's cattle ranch.

              My grandfather was Henry M. Jakubik, he was married to Annie Lesikar, she died when dad (Henry A. Jakubik) was about 4 years old.  We all grew up
              around Seaton, Texas, school, church, cementery.   Later in life, Temple, Texas......then I went off to a military career.

              Richar Lesikar, a cousin lives in Grandbury is the family guru.     Another Danny Lesikar lives in Ark.

              My email is kf4kd@...  for personal.

              Cell phone  817-613-6131

              By the way, I work a lot with the Ocker Church, all of our famly, all sides attended there/etc.   I work with Fields of Faith, we are planting churches in the
              Czech Republic.  Ocker sends church members teams there and helps support our mission.

              So if you want more info on Lesikar's........you found it and more...........so can we expect to see you at the reunion?:

              Doug Jakubik

              VP Organizational Development
              Emerging Humaneering Technology

              (C) 817-613-6131  (O) 817-710-6619

              djakubik@...

              www.atrivu.com

              NOTICE:
              This e-mail message and its attachments are for the sole use of the intended
              recipient(s). It may contain confidential information that is privileged or
              recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying
              of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received
              this transmission in error, please notify the sender by either telephone or
              e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message and its attachments in
              all media.

               http://www.linkedin.com/in/txhr1

              To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

              Message 7 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
                Hi Michael,
                If you type Lesikar in the search window for this group's website you will get 285 "hits". (118 "hits for Leshikar) Some are repetitive, but may be worth checking out. Also, the obituary below mentions a Joe Frank Lesikar was married to Frances Lesikar. Is she your great grandmother? Also a member of the Texas Czechs Genealogical Society (Danny Leshikar), has written a book about the Leshikar family. It can be purchased through the TCGS: http://txczgs.org/items.html.
                Good luck,
                Lolly Petter Pilgrim

                Obituary for
                Frances Lesikar
                November 22, 2006 - Posted Victoria Advocate online
                PLACEDO - Frances Lesikar, 91, of Placedo, died Monday, Nov. 20, 2006. She was born Nov. 22, 1915, in Beeville, to the late John and Mary Matula Matejicek.> She was a homemaker and a Presbyterian.
                Survivors: daughters, Margaret Morish of San Antonio, Helen Ibrom and Lorene Pustejovsky, both of Port Lavaca; sons, Eugene Lesikar of Placedo; 11 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
                Preceded in death: husband; Frank Joe Lesikar; sisters, Annie Filla, Albina Kounty, Agnes Lesikar, and Victoria A. Light; brothers, Lawrence Matejicek, Ignac Matejicek, Frank Matejicek.
                Visitation will be 6-8 p.m. tonight at Colonial Funeral Home.
                Services will be 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home.
                Burial will follow at Shillerville Cemetery. Colonial Funeral Home, Victoria, 361-578-3535.
                Pallbearers: Ron Abraham, Jorma Verheijen, Danny Ibrom, Steven Pustejovsky, Kenneth Pustejovsky, Rob Townsend.
                Honorary Pallbearer: Sirildo Arguellez III.
                Memorials: Alzheimer's Association or donor's choice.

                Here's another possible connection from this web site:
                Note that Danny Leshikar spelled his cousin's name without the letter "h". Also see Message(#48748) where he mentions photos he has posted of Lesikar and Leshikar family members. Danny has done a lot of research on these families so he may be able to help you. His email is shown below in the last message.

                Message #37574
                To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                From: richardgarza1@...
                Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:41:10 -0600
                Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Rosalie Lesikar

                Danny,
                Miss Rosalie, direct descendant of the original Josef Lesikar, still lives on Rambling Rose Lane (off New Bremen Road). We see her every
                Sunday drive herself to services at Nelsonville Brethren Church.
                I don't have her phone number but you can probably get it from
                the Austin County Tax Assessor website or meet her at the church.
                Rick Garza

                On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:23:20 -0000
                <dannyleshikar@...> writes:
                I am looking for a cousin of mine who I think lives in the area of
                Austin County. Her name is Rosalie Lesikar, she is about 95 years
                old and never been married. She is my 4th cousin twice removed to be exact. If anyone who reads this would happen to know how I might get a hold of her, please let me know.
                Thank you.
                Danny Leshikar