obit: Marie Louise Hermann Novak

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012

      Our loving and beloved wife and mother, Marie Louise Novak, age 87, went home to be with our Lord Jesus Christ on Tuesday, February 15, 2011. After a short illness, she passed peacefully from this life surrounded by her family.

      Marie, born in Chicago, IL to William and Henrietta Hermann on September 30, 1923, was preceded in death by her parents, brother Gerald Hermann, and grandnephew Nathan Hermann. She is survived by her husband of 66 years, Vernon, her daughters Lynne Govers of Lynchburg, VA, and Pamela Burtch of San Antonio, TX, her nephew, Glenn Hermann, and her grandchildren Andrew and Paula Govers, plus three great grandchildren.

      Marie and Vernon met in the 3rd grade at Oak Lawn School in Illinois, where they formed lifelong friendships with their classmates. They married in Texas on November 18, 1944, while Vernon was training as a bomber pilot. Marie was a homemaker, devoted to her family and friends. She loved to do all the things that make a home warm and beautiful. She was a very talented seamstress, knitter, quilter, decorator and cook. She was also an avid reader.

      A memorial service will be held on Thursday, February 17, 2 p.m., at Christ Fellowship Church, 5440 Vance Jackson Rd., San Antonio, TX. You may sign the on-line guestbook at www.missionparks.com under the obituary section.

       Published in San Antonio Express-News on February 17, 2011