obit: Evangelina Marie "Vangie" O'Neal - mom Kubos

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012

      EVANGELINA MARIE O'NEAL

      VICTORIA - Evangelina Marie "Vangie" O'Neal, 81, of Victoria passed away peacefully in her home August 25, 2012. She was born September 8, 1930, in La Grange to the late Joe J. and Amalie Kubos Lamza. Vangie was retired after 34 years of service as a cafeteria manager for the Victoria Independent School District. She was a member of Our Lady of Victory.

      Survivors include her husband Clifton O'Neal of Victoria, married 63 years. Daughter, Sharon L. Buske (Wayne) of Victoria; sons, Morris O'Neal (Linda) of Corpus Christi and Dale O'Neal (Linda) of Victoria; sisters, Sydonia Luco of Yoakum, Betty Baca of Victoria and Unice Vincent of Corpus Christi; brothers, Leonard Lamza of Katy, Cleo Lamza of Iola and Billie Lamza of Houston; many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and one great great-grandchild.

      Visitation will be from 5:00 - 7:00 pm Thursday, August 30, 2012, at Rosewood Funeral Chapels. Funeral mass will be celebrated at 10:00 am Friday, August 31, 2012, at Our Lady of Victory Cathedral with Rev. David Berger officiating. Burial will follow at Salem Cemetery located FM-531.

      Pallbearers will be Shane Buske, Shawn Buske, Bryan E. O'Neal, Shane O'Neal, Dustin Cantwell, Cody Cantwell, Randy Branecky, Chris O'Neal, Shannon Cantwell .

      The family would like to thank the care givers and Hospice, for their warmth and special attention they gave our mother. A Special thanks to Dr. Jain and Dr. Whitehouse.

      Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com.

      Published in Victoria Advocate on August 29, 2012