RFI: Origin of Texas Hubka family

  • dbcrider
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2012
      Are any or all of the Texas HUBKAs from Kocin, Kralovice, Plzen? If not where are they from?

      My mother is of the HUBKA family from the village of Kocin, Kralovice, as are most of the HUBKAs in SE Nebraska.

      It would be great to know if the Texas HUBKAs are related to us.

      David Crider
      Bhm, AL
    • pegc69
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2012
        This is not exactly related, but I have a Katherine Hubka (possibly Katerina Hubkova) from Trojany or Zebinice in Kralovice. She married Simon Vopat. Neither of the two came to the U.S., but I believe four of their children did. My great-grandfather Josef Vopat settled in Ellsworth County, Kansas.

        I am working on my Czech family from central Kansas. We may share relation somewhere!

        Peggy Crippen
        Vicenza, Italy (until 2014)

        Ancestors include:
        Vopat, Ridl, Hubka, Blous