Paul Kovar

  • paulasmaggie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012
      Czech Family Histories Vol II by the Texas Czech Genealogical Society on page 239 K16 there is the Martin Kovar Family History written by Edwin Kovar submitted by Robert R. Kovar tells of the Kovars after they came to Texas, in Vol I pg 389 Maria Kovar told by Julia Kovar/Stasny Lightner submitted by: Julia Lightner Johnson tells story of the Kovars life in Hovezi/Vstein Moravia. There were 2 families the Stasny and Kovars at the Kovar Settlement, since there were more Kovars, that is how the Settlement got its name. Maria was a very remarkable woman whose life started with tragedy, but like most Moravian Women prevailed and left a remarkable mark on the family history. I have the books at a meeting in Caldwell, I am sure one of the members can tell you which library or meeting to go to find the books. You need to read both stories to get the full Kovar Family History. I, myself is still looking for information on Frank Adolph Kortis the son of Peter Kovar and Veronica Boheck who married by great Aunt Theresa Marie Kortis. paulasmaggie
    • Diane Ashour
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2012

        Thank you for writing this Paula! That sounds very interesting!  If anyone knows where I can go to read or how to obtain the stories, I would love to know.  Some of my family live around Kovar.  I still have Kovar dust on my car from a recent trip!  : )

        Diane

        Diane Hellinger Ashour

[...]

      • M. Jared Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2012
          Yes, thanks for the info Paula!  Diane, if you happen to come across more information, please forward it my direction and I will do likewise.

          M. Jared Wilson

[...]

        • Allen Livanec
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2012
             The Czech Center Museum Houston has a book on the "Kovar Family". Don't know if it is the Kovar family that you are looking for.
            Allen Livanec

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012

              Thanks for the note.  Dawn breaks over marble head!  One of my children is going to school in Houston, so I looked up the museum.  It is very close!  Can’t wait to go see it!

              Diane