obit: Mary Martha "Monie" Vasicek Kovar

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2012

      God called our mom, Mary Martha “Monie” Kovar, home on May 27. It was His will.

      Our mom passed quietly in her sleep at Columbus Community Hospital.

      She was born on April 17, 1929, to Joseph and Ludmilla (Kulhanek) Vasicek in Fayetteville,. Mary worked in food preparation for Schobel’s Restaurant for many years. On February 16, 1953, she married Jessie James Kovar.

      In our hearts, we will always and forever love her. We will struggle with life since she went to be with the Lord. I know we will be together again someday. Those who accept God as their savior and live by his word will live eternally with the Lord.

      Mary was preceded in death by her husband, Jessie Kovar; parents, Joseph and Ludmilla Vasicek; baby brother, Lamberth; baby sister, Mary; and sisters, Josephine Sumrall and Martha Kovar.

      She is survived by her sons, Jesse and Frank Kovar; daughter, Rebecca Stancik; and husband, Randall, all of Columbus; two grandsons, Mason and David Kovar; and granddaughter, Cassondra Kovar.

      Funeral services were held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 31, at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Columbus, with Father Dan Kahlich officiating under the direction of Henneke Funeral Home in Columbus. Interment followed at St. Anthony Catholic Cemetery in Columbus. Pallbearers were Andy Schobel, Bob Schobel, John Smith, Ruben Leal, Steven Theiss and Scott Einkauf. Honorary pallbearers were her grandchildren, Mason, David and Cassondra Kovar.

      Memorials may be given to St. Anthony Catholic Church, P.O. Box 669, Columbus, TX 78934

      Colorado County Citizen 2011

    • Paul Kurecka
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2012
        Můj soustrast - My sympathies to the Kovar and Stancik families. May your memories provide you comfort now and in the future.

        Perhaps coincidence - my Father's Uncle/My Grandmother's Brother-in-law was also named Josef Vašiček. He was originally from Lideřovich (now part of Vnorovy) in The Czech Republic.

        Pavel Kůrečka
        Scénář/Moravské potomek/Polskich potomek/Pommerschen Nachkomme