Obtaining certificate of naturalization record of ancestor

  • vmichna
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
      Does anyone have info or experience on obtaining an ancestor's naturalization certificate? My ancestor , Jan/John Michna, had a hearing on 4 Jun 1894 in Williamson for a declaration of intent. He could not have been naturalized before 1896, when he had been in the country for 5 years.

      According to the Fayette County District Court, he was not naturalized in Fayette County. That leaves me to believe that he was naturalized in Williamson County, but I do not know when. That opens the matter of if he was naturalized before or after 1906, which is when national archives started keeping naturalization records. I do know the family was back in Williamson County around 1903, but beyond that I have run out of leads.

      I do believe he was naturalized. According to an index from Williamson County there was an Certificate of Naturalization Stub in Volume 7422, page 7, Certificate #167032.

      Any help would be appreciated,

      Valorie Michna
    • Allen Livanec
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2012
         I went to our county courthouse.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2012
          Go to the District Clerk's Office.
          Janie Bucek

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone have info or experience on obtaining an ancestor's naturalization certificate? My ancestor , Jan/John Michna, had a hearing on 4 Jun 1894 in Williamson for a declaration of intent. He could not have been naturalized before 1896, when he had been in the country for 5 years.
          >
          > According to the Fayette County District Court, he was not naturalized in Fayette County. That leaves me to believe that he was naturalized in Williamson County, but I do not know when. That opens the matter of if he was naturalized before or after 1906, which is when national archives started keeping naturalization records. I do know the family was back in Williamson County around 1903, but beyond that I have run out of leads.
          >
          > I do believe he was naturalized. According to an index from Williamson County there was an Certificate of Naturalization Stub in Volume 7422, page 7, Certificate #167032.
          >
          > Any help would be appreciated,
          >
          > Valorie Michna

        • carlgenlnrt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2012
            I have obtained those records through the mail. You can call them and ask how much it would be (usually just a few dollars). They are pretty quick in mailing back the copies to you. A lot easier than driving to the courthouse if you live out of town.

            Carl