obit: Marie T. Smaistrla Kutach

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 5:08 PM

      Marie T. Kutach, born August 21, 1918 in East Bernard, Texas to Frantisek B. and Marie K. (Vacek) Smaistrla, went to be with Our Lord on July 1, 2011 at the age of 92.

      Marie was Baptized, received her First Communion, was Confirmed and Married at Holy Cross Catholic Church in East Bernard and later became a longtime member of St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church and the KJZT.

      She was preceded in death by her husband of 56 years, Rudolph "Rudy" J. Kutach in 1997; 8 brothers and 5 sisters.

      Survivors include three sons: Marc (Shirley) Kutach, Rudy (Gladys) Kutach, Jr., and Joe (Sandra) Kutach; two daughters: Mary Ann (Raymond) Waclawczyk and Patricia Powell; 11 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two sisters: Martha Jurek of San Antonio and Vlasta Jurek of Wallis, TX.

      SERVICES
      Visitation will begin at 5:00 PM on Tuesday, July 5 at Dellcrest Funeral Home with a Rosary recited at 7:00 PM. Committal services will be held at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, July 6 at Holy Cross Mausoleum Chapel. For personal acknowledgement you may sign the guest book at
      www.missionparks.com in the obituary section.

      San Antonio

      Published in Express-News on July 5, 2011