Fw: Eddie Sugarek, Remembering him this Memorial Day

  • Nancy Sugarek
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2012

    This Memorial Day I wanted to say thanks for and remember my Great Great Uncle, whom I didn't have the privilege of meeting, Eddie M. Sugarek.  .  He was killed in action in WWI.  The attached items are his photo, obituary,and a memorial certificate (signed by "Blackjack" Pershing

    Thank you, Uncle Ed, for your sacrifice.  Thanks to all who gave their all for us.

    Thinking of them this Memorial Day.

    Nancy
  • FayeLee39@aol.com
    Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2012
      NANCY,

      Thank you very much for posting this about your GGUncle..........how wonderful to have all those beautiful documents.  WW1 was a long long time ago, and to have that information in hands, and to honor him this memorial is so great.

      I'm very interested in the soldiers that died during WW 1 , WW 2, Korea and Vietnam- which happened years ago.  My uncle Eugene Hollub was in WW 2, flying as a radio  operator aboard a B-24 when they were shot down off the coast of Norway in 1945.  Only one member of the crew, the bombadier was recovered, and is buried in Belgium.  The rest remain missing.

      Again thanks for the information.

      Cullis