obit: Nicholas Allen Hons

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012
      Nicholas Allen Hons of Hobson, Texas, died Friday, Sept. 1, 2006, at the age of 25 years, 6 months, and 4 days.

      He was born Feb. 28, 1981, in Floresville, to Allen and Dennise Hons. Although he suffered from many health problems all his life, Nicholas did not let this slow him down. He was a 2000 graduate of Karnes City High School and also attended Coastal Bend College to study electronics. Nicholas received a certificate in auto technology and placed in technical skills contests in his high school years. In 2002-03, he was a member of the Karnes City Volunteer Fire Department. Although he couldnt perform full duties due to his health, he put a lot of heart into his participation.

      He shared his faith as a guitarist with a Christian praise band in Goliad, and was willing to speak of his Lord and Savior to all who would listen. Nicholas was a member of Beeville Bible Baptist Church. He was also a member of the Thunder Riders Motorcycle Club and was vice president of the South Texas Coin Club.

      Preceding Nicholas in death were his infant brother, Jeremy Hons, and grandmother Dorothy Hons.

      He is survived by his parents, Allen and Dennise Hons of Hobson; a brother, Matthew Hons of Hobson; and a sister, Melissa Ramirez and husband Jose of Kenedy; a nephew, Elias Ramirez; and niece Olivia Ramirez. Other survivors include his great-grandfather, Farris Cowan of Chestnutt, Ill.; grandfather Louis Hons of Hobson; grandparents Ray and Patricia Pharis of Refugio; grandmother Katharine Ybarra of Peoria, Ariz.; aunts Cathy Green, Donna Jackson, Elaine Kolodziej, Nancy Walpole, and Debbie Young; and uncles David Hons, Kirby Hons, Mark Hons, Ralph Hons, Robert Hons, Darin Pharis, Douglas Pharis, and Joe Pharis.

      Visitation took place Sunday, Sept. 3, from 3-7 p.m. in the Rhodes Funeral Home Chapel in Karnes City. A funeral service was held Monday at 10 a.m. in the First Baptist Church in Karnes City, officiated by Brother David Hons. Interment followed in the Pilgersruh Mueller Cemetery in Hobson.

      Serving as pallbearers were Matthew Hons, Brian Hons, Joseph Hons, John Hons, Louis Hons, Robert Paul Hons, David Wiatrek, and Jose Ramirez. Honorary pallbearers were Darin Pharis, Raymond Mahoney, Michael Herrera, Eric Herrera, C.J. Cortez, Jose Cardenas, Rudy Cardenas, Lazaro Cardenas, and all his cousins.

      Special thanks are extended to the Thunder Riders, The Gypsy Motorcycle Clubs of Goliad and Victoria, and the Christian Motorcycle Association of Kenedy.

      In honor of Nick, the family requests that memorial donations be given to his friend who was injured in the same accident that took Nicks life, to help offset the costs for AirLife, EMS, and medical treatment. Donations may be sent to Jeronimo Alvear, 310 N. Panna Maria, Karnes City, TX 78118.

      To our dear, sweet, loving son Where do I begin? What a precious gift we received when Jesus our Lord presented you to us. You smiled the minute our eyes met, and at that moment our hearts melted. Our hearts are bonded forever with you. As a young boy and throughtout your life you were often sick. Oh, the nights that we were up late holding you and wishing that we could take away all your pain. You smiled about everything in life. You would be hurting and still have a big grin on your face. I remember the day when you were 5 years old and had taken apart your first bicycle. You and I were sitting out on the carport. I was so frantic, because I was trying to put it together before your daddy got home. I can remember you telling me just how to do it. But try as I might I just couldnt do it. Here came daddy up the driveway, and all I could say was, You better run! Then there was the day when you and Melissa went out to play, only to come back in covered all over with ashes. It seems just like yesterday. Oh, how proud you were the day we brought Matthew home because you now had a little brother. You were always worried about your sister and your brother. When you went out to play, you would tell them to be careful. There were many times that you, Melissa and Matthew would be standing in the kitchen watching me make homemade bread and eating so much raw dough that I would tell you to stop so that there would be enough to make at least a couple of loaves of bread. All the times you would watch Daddy work on cars, trucks, and yes, even motorcycles, your eyes were all but aglow. All the times that Daddy would piggyback you while deer hunting because you were too weak to walk (Realize, Im talking about when you were 6 tall!). As time went by you began to blossom and go your own way. The time we shared while you were in the hospital, Ill forever hold dear. I thank the Lord for giving us that time. Oh, how I wish I could hear the sound of you getting ice. Just Saturday night as Matt came home, while I was lying in bed, he was getting some ice. The noise it made wasnt as loud, but for that moment, I thought it was you. You touched so many people wherever you went. Ill miss you coming by the school, and hearing some of my students say, Mrs. Hons, theres your husband! Try as I might, they didnt understand that you were my son. But all they knew was that they called you Mr. Hons. Thank you for the time Tuesday when you came by school and put up lights in the room for the students. I remember your last words to me Thursday evening -- you said dont worry. With that you were off in a hurry. Its not goodbye, its see you soon. Keep Jeremy warm until we get there. Im sure that you are telling him all about us. My loving son, I love you and am so very thankful that you are no longer broken-hearted.

      Wilson County News