Need help!

  • Joe Levek
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 4:48 PM
      Does anyone have the name "Netardus" in their family tree? There is someone that contacted me for help and I will turn to the membership because I just don't have much to go on.  Just some of my relatives were married, baptised, etc. by Father L.P. Netardus.

      Joe Levek
    • Buster Mitchell
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 9:10 PM
        Used to be a Netardus Drug Store in El Campo, TX and I believe some of the family are still in that area.

        buster

        Does anyone have the name "Netardus" in their family tree? There is someone that contacted me for help and I will turn to the membership because I just don't have much to go on.  Just some of my relatives were married, baptised, etc. by Father L.P. Netardus.

        Joe Levek

      • jpatrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 3:02 AM

          There is also a Family in Yoakum, (Lavaca/DeWitt counties). Part of the family are attornies,
          JLP
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 7:11 PM
            I am not related to, nor have I ever met any members of the Netardus
            family, but there is about one and one-half pages of information about
            Msgr. Alois Peter Netardus in the book "A History of the Czech-Moravian
            Catholic Parishes of Texas",
            translated and edited by Reverend V. A. Svrcek.

            According to this information, Alois Peter (aka L. P.) Netardus was
            born in Frenstat, Moravia on June 22, 1866.
            His father, Frank Netardus was a dyer of cotton cloth which was made in
            Frenstat on hand made looms.
            Due to mechanization, demand for loom operators decreased and the
            family moved to Texas and became farmers.
            It appears that the family consisted of three sons and one daughter (no
            names given). The family settled at Smother's Creek (apparently near
            Hallettsville).
            Alois, then fifteen years old, remained in Frenstat to continue his
            education but a year later he joined his family in Texas.
            Father Netardus obtained his seminary training in Victoria, Texas and
            celebrated his first mass at St. Mary's Church in
            Smother's Creek on March 4, 1894.
            His pastoral assignments included Smother's Creek, Hallettsville,
            Praha, Taylor, Flatonia and Shiner.
            During his assignment in Taylor he was also the editor of "Nasinec", a
            Catholic weekly newspaper.
            On Thanksgiving day 1935 he was elevated to the rank of Monsignor, the
            first Czech priest in the San Antonio archdiocese
            to be elevated to this position.
            For a good number of years Monsignor Netardus was chaplain of K.J.T.
            and was a director of K.J.Z.T.

            Hope this info is of some benefit.

            Carroll Warschak
            Waco, Texas