Note to Valorie from Pat Hejl

  • George Patrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2011

      On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Pat Hejl <pghejl1918@...> wrote:
      Hi, Cuz.

      The records we have are included in the various books published by the Texas Czech group--records of Rev. Chlumsky and Rev. Juren (up to 1900), and Rev. Hegar. We recently received a copy of Rev. Barton's (the elder) records. If she wants to give me the names, I'll see what I can find.

      Pat

      P.S. Most of the Brethren churches have these same books, so she might be closer to one of these than Granger, but I'll be happy to see what I can find.

      Pat

      Valorie,
      The above information is from Pat Hejl.  Her E-mail is there, too.  Hope this helps.

      George

    • vmichna
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2011
        I am looking for members of the SEFCIK family that were married in Granger at the Brethern Church (at least I think they were. They were married by Rev. Jos. Barton.)

        Tomas Sefcik m Anna Filla - 1 Aug 1916
        Joseph Sefcik m Francis Mucha - 9 Jan 1912
        and anyone else with the name Sefcik/Sefcek that I may have missed.

        I'll take any info that the church records may have such as parent's names, witnesses, etc. I am trying to put the family together without the help of the usual records. I am not close to a Brethern church as far as I know so any help is apppreciated.

        Thanks for the help.

        Valorie

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "George Patrick" <GPATRICK@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Pat Hejl <pghejl1918@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi, Cuz.
        >
        > The records we have are included in the various books published by the Texas Czech group--records of Rev. Chlumsky and Rev. Juren (up to 1900), and Rev. Hegar. We recently received a copy of Rev. Barton's (the elder) records. If she wants to give me the names, I'll see what I can find.
        >
        > Pat
        >
        > P.S. Most of the Brethren churches have these same books, so she might be closer to one of these than Granger, but I'll be happy to see what I can find.
        >
        > Pat
        >

        > Valorie,
        > The above information is from Pat Hejl. Her E-mail is there, too. Hope this helps.
        >
        > George

      • KellyZ
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24 2:05 PM
          Just saw your post and wanted you to know that the Granger Brethren Church records marriages only start on 2/6/1917.

          I live in Granger and thought I'd help and looked through all the church Czech records for you and do not see any Sefcik family members in the records. I did see where Joseph & Frantiska (Frances) Sefcik witnessed the baptism at Granger Brethren of Andela (Angela) Julie Mucha who was born to Karel Mucha and Julie Kovar Mucha in Taylor. The baptism date was 8/21/1920.

          There were no indications that they attended church there regularly as they were not listed in the Schuze or the roster of donations. The Sefcik families were also not in the oldest book which is a roster of families from 1905 with the start of the church through the 20's.