Re: [TexasCzechs] Zelniky ? Cabbage Kolache Filling

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2001
      I sure would have argued that I sent it but I could not find it in the
      archives. What I found is in the KJZT cookbook for Cabbage Kolache
      Filling

      5 cups shredded cabbage
      3 Tbsp margarine
      1/2 tsp cinnamon
      1/2 tsp salt
      3 Tbsp sugar.

      Cook until softened. Cool and use. This was submitted by Sophie Zvonek
      from Society # 93 in Austin

      --
      Lois Petter Pereira
    • Debbie
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2001
        I remeber seeing it somewhere but who knows

        Debbie

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2001
          If the subject line were updated and more meaningful as to content it would
          help find things like this.

          Mary J. Heard
          mjkraitc@...

          ----------

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • danbea@cvtv.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2001
            Lois,

            Thank you for posting it - don't know how I missed it but you know what, I have eaten that - a very sweet little lady by Sacred Heart Catholic Church in La Grange shared this with me when I was working on the 1990 census.  She was an angel, she realized it had been a long hot day for me and I probably looked like I needed a boost so she did just that!  Bea

            Lois Petter Pereira wrote:

            I sure would have argued that I sent it but I could not find it in the
            archives. What I found is in the KJZT cookbook for Cabbage Kolache
            Filling

            5 cups shredded cabbage
            3 Tbsp margarine
            1/2 tsp cinnamon
            1/2 tsp salt
            3 Tbsp sugar.

            Cook until softened. Cool and use. This was submitted by Sophie Zvonek
            from Society # 93 in Austin

            --
            Lois Petter Pereira

          • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2001
              Lois and all,

              I found Lois' first message about the cabbage kolache filling. She
              posted it 2/6/01 message 5035. To find it I put in "5 cups shredded
              cabbage" for my search. Her original message had the subject as
              cabbage kolacheS filling. I think that because of the S the search
              couldn't locate it.

              So Lois, you're not losing your mind.<G>

              Kathy OHIO
              Names I'm researching: DLABY/DLABAJ/DLABAY/LABAJ/LABEJ,
              FILIP/FILLIP/PHILIP/PHILLIP, VYMOLA, JANACEK/JANICEK, KUCERA/KUCHERA,
              KUBIN, PLASEK, HOLUBEC/HOLLUBEC, KOVAR, PINTER