Re: [TexasCzechs] Need Help Finding Marriage Record

  • danbea@cvtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
      Immaculate Conception in Industry, telephone number 979-357-2830;
      St. Peter and Paul's Catholic Church in Frelsburg, telephone number 979-732-3430;
      St. John's in Fayetteville, telephone number 979-378-2277.
      Good luck.   Bea Rost

      Richard Garza wrote:

      Chuck,        Your data does not conflict that much. St. John the Baptist... is the Roman Catholic church in Fayetteville, often referred to as St. John's.        Frelsburg & Industry are equidistant from Fayetteville. It is possible they leased or worked some land near enough to Industry when the 1870 census was taken. You will, of course, need the details of the census showing the location of the farm and compare to a present day map.        If they finally settled for a period closer to Frelsburg it would make sense they would file their marriage with the civil authorities in Colorado County. I've seen from others on the list that the Frelsburg and Industry RC churches have maintained good records. It might behoove you to check there to see if they were parishioners in Frelsburg or Industry. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of those churches. Sharing. It's What It's All About!
      Rick GarzaOur heritage at:  http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/ On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:34:22 -0600 "Chuck Shultz" <cashultz@...> writes:
       I have conflicting data.  Two sources say they were married in Fayetteville and one source that indicates the civil record of marriage was recorded in Colorado county.  Also, one source says they were married at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.  Isn't that in Ammannsville?  And isn't the church in Fayetteville St. John's?  Also, one source says Vincent's family settled near Frelsburg.  I have Vincent SCIBA with his parents and siblings in the 1870 census for Industry.  I suppose that could be considered near Frelsburg. Confused?  Any help would be appreciated. Chuck Shultz