Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech translation needed

  • Robert and Nancy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
      I can't make out the words, but I'd sure like to know what you know about this fellow.  I have a 3rd great grandfather named John Petr/Peter and he died sometime between 1900 and 1910.  This probably isn't him since he was born in 1819, but you never know.  The 1900 census shows him being born in 1806, but the records from Ticha show 1819.  If the family had his birth date that far off on the census, they might have added even more years by the time he died.

      Nancy Schmidt
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
        Hello,

        Since the picture of the tombstone is hard to read , due to the time of day it was taken, I would ask the person that took it to perhaps retake it with a flash.  Then it might be easier to read the whole thing. You will find her link below the picture at the Findagrave sight.
        http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=69652699&PIpi=52217176

        Joe

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
          Hello,
          In czech: John Peter, narozen 1801  zem. 1903 stár jsa  102 let.
          In english: John Peter, was born in Year 1801, died 1903, when he was 102 Years old

          other words are unreadable.

          Jiri Unruh
          (Ticha is 2 miles from me)