Re: [TexasCzechs] THIELE

  • Jeremy Ferguson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24 5:23 PM
      The first Thiele that is shown in my Ferguson Family History book is a Daniel Preston Thiele who married Joyce Laverne Cross.  They had 4 daughters: Brenda, Carolyn, Cynthia and Rhonda.  However, the same people that Clifford mentioned, Robert & Marry Schantz, are also related but my book doesn't show it.  The housing edition they started in Lorena, is the same one my parents live on and I grew up on.  If any of this fits in let me know.

      Jeremy

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
          Clifford and Kathy,

          I have my Thiele Family History book out on loan to a second cousin over near Brenham.  Dan and I were in that area today and stopped in to pick up the book thinking that we could intelligently respond to Clifford's message of Feb 24.  Seems like there was also a question or message from a Daniel Thiele also.  Anyway on the Thiele book, she had loaned it to her sister so maybe the next time we are over that way we can try again to retrieve it.

          But Kathy is right, the Thile family was located in the late 1800's in the general area between Round Top, Carmine and Greenvine.  The Stoerner family was also in that area.  It was my thinking that Pauline Stoerner and Gus Thiele, Sr. were married in the Lutheran Church in Greenvine but that may not be correct.  Is it possible that Gustav, Sr. and Franz Thiele were brothers?  I know that the Rosentreter name comes up again in the Gus Thiele family in that Henry and Emma Thiele Meinkowsky's daughter married a Rosentreter but I can not give you more specific information until I get my book again.

          Also I don't have access to Thiele Family info other than on that one family, Gustav Sr and Pauline Stoerner Thiele since my roots are Stoerner and that family has been traced back about 300 years.

          We could ask Sis Conrad now that she is email accessible also.

          Bea Rost

          Clifftord and Jeremy,     Jeremy can you give me some more information regarding your dad's family?  I might be able to make a connection for you.     Clifford,       I have many obits for the Thiele family.  I gave copies to Bea.  I'm not sure about the family connections but they all came from the same area around Round Top before they moved to Bosque County.  A good place to find information on these families is at Zion United Church of Christ in Womack, Texas (7 miles east of Clifton).  My dad was a minister at this church for 22 years and I know the church has records that go way back.  I also know that for a while, one of the ministers didn't know about the information.  Rev. Rice, who is there now, would love to help you.  I have many of the obits from the funerals he conducted.  I have found 3 obits of Franz and Wilhelmina Thiele.       One of the obits is for Annie Thiele Anz who was born on Nov. 1, 1887 near Carmine in the La Bahia Community of Fayette County, Texas.  She was baptized into the Christian Faith on December 2, 1888 in the Evangelical Church of Round Top.  She was confirmed on May 18, 1902.  During the same year she moved to Bosque County with her parents, Franz and Wilhelmina, nee Rosentreter, Thiele, settling near Valley Mills.     I can make copies of the funeral services for you if you'd like, just give me time. Kathy Horak Smithkhsmith@...