Remember Hostyn Centennial

  • Leroy Janda
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      Listers,

      Anyone remember the Hostyn Centennial in 1956? The only
      thing I remember is the big boat in the parade.

      How about how the old gravel road used to go? It used to be
      about a 1/4 mile up where the small Y and the current Historical markers
      are. It went straight to the Frank Janacek House, jogged left, then right,
      then left and came out on the current 2436 FM road about a half mile before
      the church. In those days the hall was on the left. I can't remember if the
      road continued to FM 609 or not.