RE: [TexasCzechs] Cemeteries in Burleson County??

  • dofrco@embarqmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2011

      Here’s some more info…

      Below is a list of some Czech cemeteries in Burleson County with the oldest grave of each.  My ggrandfather is buried in the Slovak Cemetery.

      Source: Czech Settlements and Cemeteries in Texas Related to Soils by Arika L. Kulhavy

      Hope this helps,

      Doris

      Slovak Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Jan Trcalek, Sr., 1820‐ Dubna 15, 1871

      SPJST Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Tom Holubec, Nar 1830, zem 6 Listopodu 1902

      Marek Catholic Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: E.H. Dotson, infant son of C. and V. Dotson, Jan 17,1876‐ Nov 21, 1876

      Snook Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Vlasta Pitner, 1885

      New Tabor Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Jan Škrabanek, July 7, 1888‐ July 11, 1888

      Frenstat (Christian) Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Rosalie Danchak, 1841‐ 4 rli 1903

      Holy Rosary Catholic Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Marie Marek, Apr 6, 1822‐ Nov 5, 1887

      New Tabor Brethren Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Jason G. Beasley, Born and Died 1973

      Cooks Point Cemetery, Burleson County, Texas

      Oldest grave: Thomas F. Pecena, May 10,1919‐Feb 28,1942

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2011
        Clayton Library has a bunch of great programs this month. All are free, but they ask for reservations, so they know how many to plan for.

        Funeral records: the final event
        Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:00–4:00PM
        Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:00-4:00PM
        The final event of a life generates final records of a person's life. Various records will be discussed including digital collections, printed, and microfilmed sources as well as alternatives to traditional burials. Reservations required, please call 832-393-2600. Adults/Teens.

        Mending and repair: The Book Doctors are in
        Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:00-4:00PM
        Do you know how to open a book properly? Fix loose or torn pages? Ever spilled water on your favorite novel? Want to learn some quick fixes that you can easily do at home? We can help. Bring your torn or tattered book in need of repair and join the Book Doctors for our basic mending and repair class. Handouts will be provided, class size limited to 10. Reservations required, please call 832-393-2600. Adults/Teens.

        A nation of immigrants: US naturalization and genealogy
        Saturday, October 29, 2011, 3:00-4:00PM
        In this talk we will discuss the history of naturalization laws and requirements in the United States and how this affected your ancestors and their naturalizations. We will also discuss using naturalization records for genealogical research, what you may find, and how to find it. Reservations required, please call 832-393-2600. Adults/Teens.

        Other events at Clayton

        Lineage Day
        Saturday, October 8, 2011 10:30AM-4:00PM
        Visit with representatives from many genealogical and historical lineage societies to discuss their organizations. Get some hints that can help you identify those ancestors for entry into those societies. Representatives include, but are not limited to, the Daughters of the American Revolution, Sons of the Republic of Texas, and Cherokee Nation. No reservations needed. Adult/Teens.

        Tracing your relative's Masonic heritage
        Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:00–7:30PM
        Genealogists often become curious about Freemasonry because of a mention in a relative's obituary or from finding a Masonic emblem on a gravestone. Sometimes a family knows of the Masonic connection but for others, it is a bit of a surprise. This lecture will provide you with information regarding Masonic records and what information that might be useful to genealogists. Reservations required, please call 832-393-2600. Adults/Teens.

        FamilySearch online learning: US courthouse research
        Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:00-4:00PM
        Courthouses are places where you can find answers to genealogical problems. They are a rich source of written records created as a result of the laws, the time period, and personal activities of your ancestors. The steps delineated throughout this course will assist you to be more effective as you visit courthouses in your search for genealogical information. Join noted genealogist Christine Rose as she walks us through a virtual courthouse. Reservations required, please call 832-393-2600. Adults/Teens.

        Family History Month book sale
        October 1-29, 2011
        Join us for that one special month when Clayton makes its duplicate family history books available for sale. These are books that have been given to us that are already in our collection. The sale books have never been in our collection.

        LDS Microfilm/Microfiche Rental news!
        The Family History Center in Salt Lake City has a new program where film and fiche can be ordered online from any computer that has access to the Internet. This program is currently active and replaces the former method of ordering microprint. See www.familysearch.org/films for instructions. If you click on "Ordering Help", you can read a User's Guide.

      • jesenwei@mdanderson.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2011