Re: [TexasCzechs] obit: Mrs. Joe Dusek - 1957

  • darlenbaker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      Rosie Pecena Dusek is buried at Bila Hora Cemetery.  She was half sister to my great-grandfather Frank Rokyta.

      darlene baker

      In a message dated 9/30/2011 7:18:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time, roseermis@... writes:

      Funeral services for Mrs. Joe Dusek, 79, who died May 14 in Durner Hospital after a year of bad health, were held last Thursday morning at Kubena Funeral Home, Hallettsville, and the Czech Moravian Brethren Church at Vsetin.

      Burial was in the church cemetery.  Rev. F. J. Kostohryz officiated.

      Born March 20, 1878, in Czechoslovakia, she came to America at the age of 14, and was married at Bila Hora to Joseph Dusek on Jan. 30, 1899.  Mr. Dusek died several years ago.

      Survivors include four sons, Adolf, Victor and Oscar Dusek of Hallettsville and Emil Dusek of Weimar; two daughters, Mrs. Albina Guenther of Weimar and Mrs. Julia Woytek; a brother, Joe Pecena (?); and two step-children, Charles Dusek and Mrs. Martin Solik (?), both of Granger.  A son, Albert, died last year.

      Weimar Mercury, Friday, May 24, 1957

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis