Anna Marek

  • George Patrick
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29 4:05 AM
      Good Morning Group,
      Does anyone have information about Anna Marek as shown below?  I am interested in the names of her parents.  Anyone out there have that in their records?  Thanks./George
      ------

      San Marcos Daily Record (TX) - March 24, 2011

      Deceased Name: Sidonie Rosalie Drgac

      — Sidonie Rosalie Drgac, 95, a resident of San Marcos, passed away March 20, 2011. She was born April 11, 1915, in Port Lavaca to Frank and Anna Marek.

      Sidonie's kind, loving and gentle spirit will be missed by all who knew her.

      Dearest to her heart was her family who will miss her greatly.

      She is preceded in death by her parents; her husband Martin Drgac; her brothers Frank Marek, Rudolph Marek and Laddie Marek and her sisters Millie Sodek and Lydia Cabela.

      Sidonie is survived by her sons Dennis Drgac of San Marcos and David Drgac of San Marcos; her sisters Nancy Geryk and Vlasta Peters; her step-granddaughter Rhonda Giesen; and numerous nieces and nephews and other loving relatives.

      Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, March 25 in the Chapel of Thomason Funeral Home in San Marcos.
    • DARLENE BAKER
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29 3:06 PM
        I work with her -Anna Marek's -gggrandson.  Not sure how many greats really. I think her maiden name was Marek as well.

        darlene baker

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29 4:28 PM

          Thanks Darlene for the reply.  Hope you are doing well, cousin Darlene.

          George

        • dofrco@embarqmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2011

            George,

            I have a Sybil Marek (perhaps her nickname) in my records that seems to match Sidonie Marek in the obit.  Below is the info I have for her mother and her siblings. The only difference in the siblings I have and the siblings in the obit is…I have a sister Vlasta, and the obit has a brother, Laddie.  But I think the match is pretty solid.  Below is what I have in my records for her mother, Anna Marek, and her siblings.

            Do you know who her father’s (Frank Marek) parents are? I suspect I already have his parents in my database but haven’t tied him to them yet.

            Doris

            Mother of Sybil Marek

            Anna Theresie Marek was born on 18 Mar 1885 in Wesley, Austin County, Texas. She died on 21 Sep 1977. She was the daughter of Josef Marek and Emilie Marek. She married Frank Marek between 1904-1905.

            Frank & Anna’s children

            Frank b.abt 1906

            Rudolph b.1908

            Millie b.1910