obit: Rosie Elsik

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2011
      Funeral services were held Sunday at the Jecmenek funeral chapel in Ellinger for Mrs. Rosie Elsik, 76, who died at her home in Fayetteville Friday night after having been in ill health for 3 years.

      Continued services were held at the Ross Prairie church, with burial in the church cemetery, with Revs. Beseta [Beseda?} and Swobodea [Swoboda?} officiating.

      Born in Europe, Mrs. Elsik came to this country when she was 5 and had spent her entire life in Fayette and Colorado counties.

      Survivors are 4 sons, Frank and Henry of Columbus, Joe of Fayetteville and Elo of Edinburg; one daughter, Mrs. Millie Skalitsky of Fayetteville and 2 sisters, Mrs. Husal of West and Mrs. Joe Kubin Sr. of Houston.

      Pallbearers were her nephews.

      Colorado County Citizen, September 25, 1953

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis
    • jesenwei@mdanderson.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
        Hi, Rosemary. I know that we thank you for the obits you post, but my experience with this obit was so extraordinary that I had to send you a special thanks.

        I had just a skeleton family tree for this Rosie, but this obit gave me 4 more of her children plus the spouse of the daughter, plus the names of her sisters and their spouses, and a brother that died 5 years previous. I bounced from census to death certificates to marriage certificates, but this obit gave me the info to know where I needed to bounce. It was great fun, and I thank you! jan

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
          Glad I was able to give you a fun time researching.  Thanks for the e-mail.

          Rosemary