Re: Kostak Immigration

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2011
      Carla,

      Thanks so much for the look-up. It's related to a research project to
      establish the names of members of the Vlastenec/Shiner Farmer's band
      that was in existence for only a few years around 1910. My grandfather,
      Henry H. Hejl, received a "picture postcard" photo of the band from
      Joseph L. Elsik (a band member) when Henry was still living in Taylor,
      Texas. The postcard photo was passed down to me.

      With the help of many people, including a 98-year-old lady in Victoria,
      we have come close to establishing the names of the band members. If
      you are interested in a copy of the band's photo, just let me know.

      Thanks again,

      Mike Hejl

      Fort Worth

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "wpetruy" <wpetruy@...> wrote:

      > KOSTAK, Antonin 45, Vaclav 15, Ober Berkovitz (Horni Berkovice),
      Bohemia; Koln; 14 Jan, 1905; Shiner, TX.

      > KOSTAK, Anna 26, Antonin 17, Karel 10, Rondnice (Roudnice ?), Bohemia;
      Wittekind; 1 May 1905; Shiner, TX.

      > From Volume II Czech Immigration Passenger Lists by Leo Baca
      >
      > Carla Petruy

      Volume