Re: Svrcek vs Sefcik

  • vmichna
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2011
      I am looking for Edward Sefcik, b 1877 in Fayette, TX, d 1960, Rosebud, Falls. He married Cecil Sasin in Granger in 1902. That is all I know. I think his parents were named Josef and Annie (according to a marriage record). There are Sefciks (Joe and Josephine and children)in Taylor, but I have found no connection between them and Edward Sefcik. I can't even find an obit listing Josephine's children and Edward Sefcik's parents/siblings aren't listed in his obit. I keep finding dead ends everywhere I search.

      Valorie

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Sir John <jlmikeska@...> wrote:

      > Vallerie,
      >
      > I have 13 Sefciks in my Mikeska genealogy data, and best I recall, obtained the
      > information from Sefcik kin in the Temple, TX area maybe in 1993 time.  How
      > about a first name you are looking for or maybe male/female?  Don't think have
      > addresses, but did see a Joe Sefcik having passed in the Temple, TX area.
      >

      >  Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
      > What good is information if not shared with others?

    • Patricia Cosper
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2011
        Valerie:
        Do you have paperwork entitled "The Life of Bernard Schwertner and His Family", which was apparently given out to reunion attendees in 1961 in Rowena TX. I could send you a copy.
        It's a short story of Bernard Schwertner, DOB/4/24/1823, at Heinersdorf a/Tafelficht. Growing up he was known as "Forester Franz's Bernard". He married a Franziska Neumann, had 7 kids--Frank, Edward, Gustav, Adolf, Wilhelm, Franziska, Josef. After the death of his wife following Josef's birth in 1867, he remarried a Theresia Baier. had 2 more kids--Stefan, Theresia. Second wife died, he married #3--Franziska Huebner Blumrick, no kids. Bernard died 8/22/1901. Etc, etc.
        I also have the Czech newpaper version.

        Pat Cosper