Gonzales County Czechs

  • vcamarillo
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2011
      Not sure if anyone is interested, but I have gone through the 1910 and 1920 Gonzales County census and picked out names that showed Bohemia, Moravia, Czechoslovakia, etc. Not sure if I'll do the 1930.

      Veronica Sue Valenta Camarillo
    • Theresa Finch
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2011
        I am interested. My family is Kocurek. Did you find anyone by that name?

        Thanks,  Theresa Finch

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 4, 2011, at 7:16 PM, "vcamarillo" <vcamarillo2001@...> wrote:

        Not sure if anyone is interested, but I have gone through the 1910 and 1920 Gonzales County census and picked out names that showed Bohemia, Moravia, Czechoslovakia, etc. Not sure if I'll do the 1930.

        Veronica Sue Valenta Camarillo

      • Richard & Susan McClendon
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2011
          Hi Veronica,
          Did you find any Strouhal in the census.
          Thanks,
          Susan

          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2011
            Susan,

            I did find on the 1920 census: J.B., Anna, John, Joe, Theodoro, Vaclav in Precinct 6 District 98.

            Veronica

            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2011
              Theresa,

              I found quite a few Kocureks - I will post them when I get home.

              Veronica

              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2011
                Kocureks on 1920 Census: Fronie?, Alfred, Joe, Julius & Christine Kocurek. Also, John Kocurek living with Emma Tichavsky family. Also, Henry, Mary, Mary & Joe Kouchrek.

                Veronica

                Message 7 of 8 , May 5, 2011
                  Veronica,
                  Thanks so much for the information.

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 6, 2011
                    That's them!!  Thank you!!  I didn't know how to spell emma's last name. This helps alot!  Joe Henry is my grandfather!

                    Sent from my iPhone