Re: [TexasCzechs] Fig Jelly - Jam recipe

  • Allen Livanec
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 9:22 AM
       Patricia. Does the fig jelly have lemon added?

      Allen

      From: Tommy Lastovica <tommy2ray@...>
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Fig Jelly - Jam recipe [1 Attachment]
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 4:05 PM

      Ok, I found this recipe, without strawberries in it.  I can only assume the lemon juice is to retain the color of the fig, like you put on fresh fruit to keep it from browning?  Maybe.
      I have attached the recipe and found it on this site :  http://www.recipe3k.com/

      "tommygirl"
      Tommy Lastovica

      Message 2 of 8 , May 14 10:30 PM
        Well, if so, it's not visible.
        I remember making fig preserves with lemon slices; also with strawberry jello.
        I like all kinds of figs.