Re: [TexasCzechs] Fig Jelly - Jam recipe [1 Attachment]

  • Patricia Cosper
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2011
      I get my fig jelly/preserves from "Amish Furniture in Texas", made in the Amish country in Ohio.  Besides furniture, the store sells a wide selection of jelly/preserves (pear, fig, apple butter, dutch apple, peach, grape, raspberry, blackberry, & more, and best of all--tomato), canned/jarred fruit (peaches, apples, pears & more), vegetables (asparagus, sauerkraut, green beans, pickled beets/okra & more), home-made soaps, Jellies, fruits, & vegetables prices start at 3.95 a pint jar, vegetables at 4.95 a pint jar, more for a quart.
      But of course, you'd have to travel to San Antonio to get all this good tasting food. The store is located on Loop 410 NW near exit West Ave, on the N-NW side of Loop 410 (outside the loop, facing the loop).

      Pat Cosper

      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2011
         Patricia. Does the fig jelly have lemon added?

        Allen

        Message 3 of 8 , May 14, 2011
          Well, if so, it's not visible.
          I remember making fig preserves with lemon slices; also with strawberry jello.
          I like all kinds of figs.