obit: Emil Janecka

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011
      The family has supplied us with the following additional information regarding the death of Mr. Emil Janecka, former resident of this section, who died in the Wharton hospital on Tuesday, July 19th, where he had undergone an operation for acute appendicitis.  His death followed soon after the operation.

      Mr. Janecka was born April 26, 1897, at Holman, Fayette county.  At an early age he was married to Miss Bozena Cernosek, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Cernosek of the Holman community.  They made their home near Weimar for a few years, then moved to the vicinity of Hillje, Wharton county, and later to Pierce, Texas, where he was attacked with appendicitis, and his death soon followed.

      Mr. Janecka was a good husband and father.  Surviving him are his beloved wife and five little children, six brothers and four sisters.  They are Messrs. F. J. Janecka, Joe Janecka, Anton Janecka, Klement Janecka, Louis Janecka, all of Weimar, Ed Janecka of Beasley, Mrs. Joe Krasucky of El Campo, Mrs. Ed Gold, Mrs. Emil Kubena and Mrs. Anton Kuchar, all of the Weimar community.

      The pall bearers were his six brothers.

      Mr. Janecka was engaged in farming all his life.  He was kind, good-hearted, honest and a hard working man.  His death is deeply regretted by all who knew him.  Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his bereaved ones.

      Weimar Mercury, Friday, July 29, 1932

      Brief information was received here Tuesday night that Mr. Emil Janecka, former citizen of this section, had died a few hours previous at his farm home near El Campo.  We understand he was afflicted with appendicitis and died before he could be taken to a hospital for an operation.

      The remains, we are told, will be brought to Holman for interment on Thursday morning.  Mr. Janecka leaves a widow, several children and several brothers and sisters.  He was a hard working, upright, good man and citizen, and his death is deeply and sincerely deplored.  Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his bereaved ones.

      Weimar Mercury, Friday, July 22, 1932
      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis