obit: Steve Janak

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2011
      HALLETTSVILLE, Aug. 22.-- Services will be Saturday at St. Mary's for Steve Janak, 39, proprietor of the Hallettsville Electric Company, who was killed in the crash of his plane near town Wednesday.

      He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Val Janak, of Wied, and nine brothers and sisters.

      San Antonio Express, Saturday, August 23, 1941

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis
    • Tony Janak
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2011
         Rosemary < i pick your e-mail on the Spam,
        My Dad works with Steve in Hallettsville as a Electrican
        Steve & Dad Willam A Janak went to the same School
        My Dad always talks about his airplane & how it crashed.
        in 1932 my dad moved to Yoakum,Texas and opened
        an Electric Motor Shop, Delta Armature Works.
        if the motor was to big, he would take them to Austin, Texas.
         Austin Armature Works, and I would go with my Dad to pick
        them up & help him install then on the job.
        and there was a Boby shop in Yoakum called Bill Kurtz.
        Come to find out all 4 of then went to same school,
        LL Cook Electric School in Chicago, Correspondent
        School by mail.
        Bill Kurtz had Body Shop in Yoakum for years
        till he passed away in Year ?
        William,  my Dad passed in 1969.
        the Man in Austin Armture works Carmer also passed away in
        year ? But his son still got it Open.
        I, Tony Janak, Retired in 2001 and my 2 Boys & grandson still got the Bussiness, Delta Armature Works.
        My dad always told me that Steve and him were always kin somewhere down the line. My dad came from Frank Janaks side that came to Galveston from Czechleslavakia. Im glad i found this on spam e-mail! I start going to them all the time now! keep up the good work!
        ---Tony Janak.

        San Antonio Express, Saturday, August 23, 1941

        Submitted by Rosemary Ermis
      • gastzt@aol.com

          San Antonio Express, Saturday, August 23, 1941

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28, 2011

            Thank you, Tony, for your e-mail, which was quite interesting.  I didn't realize there was an electric school by correspondence.

            Rosemary

            San Antonio Express, Saturday, August 23, 1941

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2011
              When Dad got out of the 8 grade he then sing up and got he diploma 1920
              I have a picture of LL Cook himself, I will scan it and send to you
              Tony

              San Antonio Express, Saturday, August 23, 1941

              Submitted by Rosemary Ermis