obit: Albert V. Klekar Sr.

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
      HALLETTSVILLE -- Mr. Albert V. Klekar Sr., 74, of Rt. 2 Hallettsville, died at 3 a.m. Saturday in a Houston hospital.

      Mr. Klekar was a native of Lavaca County and was born April 27, 1893.  He had been a farmer before his retirement and was a member of St. Mary's Church and the KJT Society.

      Funeral services will be held Monday at 9:30 a.m. at the Kubena Funeral Home and at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church with the Rev. Henry Psencik officiating.

      Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.

      Rosary will be said by the parish at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Kubena Funeral Home and at 7:45 by the KJT Society.

      Survivors include his wife, Mrs. Francis Kresta Klekar; five sons, Alphonse of Houston; August of Rockdale; Albert Jr., Daniel and Lon Klekar, all of Hallettsville; three daughters Mrs. August Janak and Mrs. Leo Christ, both of Houston and Mrs. John Henke of Hallettsville; two brothers, Joe and Frank Klekar of Hallettsville; two sisters, Mrs. John Prasek and Mrs. Frank Konvicka of Hallettsville; 29 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

      Victoria Advocate, Sunday March 3, 1968

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis
    • Robert and Nancy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
        Thanks Rosemary, for all of the recent Klekar obits.  I have just recently started trying to work on the Klekar branch of my family tree and every little hint helps.

        Nancy Schmidt

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
          You're welcome, Nancy.  Always glad to read that I've helped someone.

          Rosemary