Update on Bernadette

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
      I know I have not given an update on Bernadette for a while, so finally here it is.  We have had two visits to the wound doctor since the last update.  At the first one he still found some rough spots on the tailbone and he smoothed them down.  Our last visit this Monday, he found that the bone is still not covered, but the surrounding area has a lot of tissue granulation and he was very encouraging.  He doesn’t want to see her until three weeks, and he really thinks that there will be progress soon.  Until the bone is covered, she will remain at home and getting the IV antibiotics, as well as an oral one.  A bone culture from the last time he removed any of it showed NO BACTERIA present, so that is good news.  She continues to have periodic breathing difficulties, but nothing real scary recently.   Her pain level has subsided and she has been out and about more recently, when her energy level allows.  Her appetite has been good.  Thank you so much for continuing the prayers for her recovery, and please continue to pray for her patience through all this and for her healing and recovery.

      Ray Bacak
    • FayeLee39@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2011
        Good report Ray.  All of us are encouraged.  Prayers will continue.  You'll have been thru so much.

        Cullis