Report on Bernadette

  • Ray's Mail
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011
      I know I have not updated most of you on Bernadette’s status in quite a while.  She reports much less pain and is trying to spend more time in her wheelchair and she has gotten out quite a bit more lately.  We have had two wound doctor appointments since my last update.  On Feb. 14th, the doctor still found more roughness on the tailbone and did some more scraping.  A laboratory culture showed good news in that no bacteria was found in the bone.  On Monday, we visited him again.  Although the flesh has not covered the bone, it is close and he was very optimistic that tissue granulation in the area will result in coverage and hopefully soon.  Until the bone covers, she will remain on the IV antibiotic and also an oral one.  She has had periodic breathing difficulties, but nothing real scary recently.  So, thanks so very much for the prayers for her recovery and please keep them up.

      Ray Bacak