Re: precinct in Burleson Co

  • Anita Prazak
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 2, 2011
      You might check with the county clerk's office in Caldwell.

      Anita

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Paula Foster
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 2, 2011
        Also, you might google Burleson County Texas Genealogical Page and post a message to Gayle.  She has been very helpful in looking up items for me in the past.  paulasmaggie

        You might check with the county clerk's office in Caldwell.

        Anita

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Roland Beausoleil
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 3, 2011
          Elaine,

              According to this site, Justice Precinct #5 for Burleson Co. was equated to Enumeration District (ED) 26-11 which was the BURLESON CO. CONVICT FARM.

                  Roland

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 3, 2011
            After taking another look at this I think I mispoke the first time. The BURLESON CO. CONVICT FARM is probably in Enumeration District (ED) 26-11 but not all of it.

                Roland

                According to this site, Justice Precinct #5 for Burleson Co. was equated to Enumeration District (ED) 26-11 which was the BURLESON CO. CONVICT FARM.

                    Roland

             Does anyone know how I can find out where in Burleson Co precinct #5 was located in 1930? I have found an Adamek family in that precinct and would like to know which direction from Caldwell they lived.

            Thanks for any help.
            Elaine Malina
            .

          • Elaine Malina
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 3, 2011
              I looked at this site and another one and it appears that the convict farm was located in precinct 5.  I haven't taken the time to look through the entire precinct 5 census to see if I could find it (just for curiosity).  The pages I have viewed only list farms/families.

              Elaine

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 3, 2011
                So if it includes the poor farm, it's probably the area bordered by
                hwy 36 on the west side, hwy 21 on the south and FM 2000 on the east
                side; not sure what county rd would be the northern border

                Anita in Caldwell

                Sent from my iPhone
              • Roland Beausoleil
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 4, 2011
                  Elaine,

                      Maybe you can find out where the convict farm was located and that will tell you where precinct #5 was.

                          Roland

                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011

                      Dear Ty,

                      Is there a special ingredient or taste that it would have? I have my mother’s recipe, which she probably, but maybe not, got from either one of my Czech grandmothers.  I could ask her about its origin and then send it along if you would like. I think it is just a normal dill pickle recipe with dill, vinegar, sugar and canning salt. Oh, but the pickles are very good!

                      Diane

                      Diane Ashour

                      972-601-9751

                      ashour_23@...

                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 11, 2011
                        I'd love to have it.  Thanks.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 11, 2011

                          Mom says that this is from one of my Czech grandmothers.

                          Dill Pickles

                          4 c. water

                          1 c. vinegar

                          1 c. sugar

                          ¼ c. canning salt

                          cucumbers

                          dill

                          Bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil. Put a piece of dill in each hot sterilized canning jar. Put cucumbers in jars, packing tightly. Pour hot brine over cucumbers; seal jars. Process in hot water bath 3 minutes. This makes enough brine for about 3 quarts.

                          -- Bessie Kubicek Hellinger

                          Diane Ashour

                          Does anyone have a Czech recipe for dill pickles?

                          Thanks,

                          Ty

                        • Jim & Elaine Hicks

                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 12, 2011

                              This sounds very good, much like what my Czech mother would have done except she would have tossed in a few garlic cloves.
                              Elaine Naiser Hicks

                              Does anyone have a Czech recipe for dill pickles?

                              Thanks,

                              Ty

                            • Lydia Mousner
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 14, 2011
                                This sounds more like sweet and sour pickles because of the amount of sugar.   The recipes I've seen for dill pickles do not call for sugar or at least not very much.
                                Lydia