FAYETTE COUNTY, TEXAS DEATH RECORDS

  • charleskretzschmar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
      I am looking for old (before 1940) fayette county, texas death records on the internet. I am unable to find them on the internet. I can read the old death dates but cannot read their names clearly on a microfilm. I am trying to approach this "brick wall" another way by backing into the names from the death records by year and month. Thank you for your help. angelina genzer kretzschmar
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
        Have you tried familysearch.org?

        From my iPod

        On Mar 1, 2011, at 5:00 PM, charleskretzschmar <charleskretzschmar@...> wrote:

        I am looking for old (before 1940) fayette county, texas death records on the internet. I am unable to find them on the internet. I can read the old death dates but cannot read their names clearly on a microfilm. I am trying to approach this "brick wall" another way by backing into the names from the death records by year and month. Thank you for your help. angelina genzer kretzschmar

      • Peggy Harmon
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
          Fayette County website has death records prior to 1940, I've found some.  Search Fayette County Geneaology and select the TxGen project.  You should get to it.  Peggy

          I am looking for old (before 1940) fayette county, texas death records on the internet. I am unable to find them on the internet. I can read the old death dates but cannot read their names clearly on a microfilm. I am trying to approach this "brick wall" another way by backing into the names from the death records by year and month. Thank you for your help. angelina genzer kretzschmar

        • Roland Beausoleil
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2011

            Have you tried the Fayette County obits at http://www.txgenweb3.org/txfayette/obituaries_a.htm ? Many times the obits will get you some of the same info that is found on the death records.

                Roland