obit: Alfred F. Kainer

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2011
      Our community was terribly shocked last Tuesday morning, Jan. 24, when at an early hour news flashed from home to home that Mr. Alfred F. Kainer, beloved son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Kainer, well known farmers of the Content community, had been claimed by death.

      Mr. Kainer had been in ill health for the past several months.  However, diabetes developed and his condition grew worse rapidly.  Sunday night, Jan. 22, he was confined to his bed and died at 4:30 o'clock Tuesday morning.

      Funeral arrangements were made and the body laid to rest in St. Michael's Cemetery Wednesday morning, after appropriate services at St. Michael's Church by his pastor, Rev. Joe Hildebrand.

      Pall bearers were Fred Ulrich, Joe Hollek, Emil Schenk, Willie Kainer, henry Kainer and Edward Guenther.  Flower girls were Georgie Sciba, Annie Verunae, Tillie Schenk, Dorothy Anders, Henrietta Guenther and Janie Slavik.

      In spite of many hardships and experiences during his long months of illness, he was always ready to offer friends and neighbors a helping hand whenever he could.  He was highly respected and much beloved by all.  He had no difficulty making friends wherever he went.  Many felt with the immediate family the great loss, but we have reason to believed most assuredly that he has gone to his reward.  May God be merciful to his bereaved ones is our sincere wish.

      Weimar Mercury, Friday, February 3, 1933

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis