Re: Sebesta family

  • Katherine Horak Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011

      Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 am (PST)

      Joyce wrote:

      My mother was a Horak , my Grandparents were Hedwig Blaha and Wilham Horak ,
      both born in Austria . Do not know where their parents were from . My mother , I
      dont know if she is alive  was  Eleanor Marie Emma Horak .
       Joyce

      Joyce,

           I am sorry I do not know anything about your family. If you have any more info, like birthdates, etc. I can see what I can find.

      When I visited the Czech Republic , my Czech cousins and our tour guides made fun of my name. They told me that it was like my name was Kathy Smith Smith because Horak was as popular a name in the Czech Republic as Smith is in the United States . Horak means the people from the hills or mountains (hora), and there are many (horas) in the Czech Republic .  Therefore, there are many Horaks and you may not be related.