Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 4887

  • Illonam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2010
      Ahoj!

      Could someone suggest accommodations in Prague?  I am looking for a Bed and Breakfast type accommodation for 5 people or a budget to medium range hotel that can accommodate 5 people.  Probably, we would need a double and triple.

      Thank you for any suggestions.

      Wishing everyone a Happy New Year or PF 2011!

      Illona Morris
      4601 Cypert Rd.
      Yukon, OK 73099

      405 354 6819

      In a message dated 12/29/2010 3:07:50 A.M. Central Standard Time, TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

      1.
      Sebesta family From: Peggy Harmon

      Message

      1.

      Sebesta family

      Posted by: "Peggy Harmon" peggyharmon@...   PeggyHarmon

      Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm (PST)

      Hello everyone, I am new to these boards.  I am researching Franz & Mary Sebesta who immigrated to Ross Prairie, Fayette Co. Tx about 1854-1857 from Zadverice, Moravia.  I understand they went to NY first, then to Texas.  They had children, Rozina (who married Anton Lauw(launs) who is my direct line.  Other siblings were Anna, Katerina, (all born in Moravia), Terezie, Alzbetta, Franciska (died at 8 mos) all being born in Texas. Rozina' s birth mother was Maryna Nedbalek (who died in Czech) her parents were Josef Nedbalek and Rozina Mikeskov.  Her step mother Marie Holik raised her.  I have located them in some church records and census records online.  I have researched some 20 yrs on my family lines, and luckily other on geneaology boards I was able to locate some relatives. My German grandfathers (Lauw and Kech) both served in the 17th Texas Infantry, and have located some military records on them as well.  My maiden name is Giesalhart.  I
      currently live in New Braunfels, Texas.  I look forward to becoming active on the list and learning what I can about my Czech roots.

      Yahoo! News

      Fashion News

      What's the word on

      fashion and style?

      Share Photos

      Put your favorite

      photos and

      more online.

      Dog Zone

      on Yahoo! Groups

      Join a Group

      all about dogs.

      Need to Reply?

    • Donna Sears
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2011
        I was in Prague in July and loved the Arcadia Residence in Old Town Square (Kozna 6 Apartments).  You are right in the middle of Old Town Square and very convenient.  Pasquale the owner is wonderful and makes you feel right at home like you are a family member.  I think they have a very large apartment that will accommodate 5 which has a view of the Old Town Square Clock.  These apartments are very large and have a full size kitchen.  Breakfast is also included at the small restaurant downstairs.  They also have another location outside Old Town Square but close to the tram line which also is convenient.  If you get a chance, check our the trip reviews on the Arcadia Residence on Trip Advisor.  Absolutely great place to stay!  See attached link to the hotel.  You can email Pasquale directly if you have any questions because he is fluent in English.