obit: Mary Kallus Korenek

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2010
      Danbury, Tex., April 7, Funeral services for Mrs. Mary Korenek, _ _, who died at her home here Wednesday were held at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church at Freeport, Saturday at 10 a.m. with Father J. J. Coffey in charge.  Services were also held at the Danbury Cemetery with burial there under direction of Angleton funeral home.

      Mrs. Korenek was born Dec. 1, 1885, at Ellinger, but had been a resident of Danbury for many years.  She is survived by two daughters, Josephine Siegel, Velasco; and Annie Klevar, Angleton; six sons, Anton Korenek of Angleton, John Korenek of Alvin, Frank Korenek of Lake Jackson, Fred Korenek of the navy, Laddie Korenek and Albert Korenek, both of Danbury; four sisters, Mrs. Lydia Schobel, Columbus; Mrs. Annie Svreck, Fayetteville, Mrs. Matilda Zapalac, Ellinger, and Mrs. Henrietta Vrazel, Danbury, and two brothers, Fred Kallus of Yoakum and John Kallus of California.

      Galveston News, April 8, 1945

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis