obit: Helen Frances Krenek Miller

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010

      Houston Chronicle (TX) - December 6, 2006

      Deceased Name: Helen Frances Krenek Miller

      TX United States

      HELEN FRANCES KRENEK MILLER, of Houston, died Monday, December 4, 2006 at her residence. Mrs. Miller worked as a Registered Nurse for The Methodist Hospital in Houston for 27 years until her retirement in 1994. She was a member of Holy Ghost Catholic Church in Bellaire.

      Funeral mass services will be held 10:00 am Saturday, December 9, 2006 at Holy Family Catholic Church in Wharton with Father Dominic Antwi-Boasiako officiating. Interment will follow in Evergreen Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation will be held Friday evening from 6:00pm until 9:00pm with a Rosary at 7:00 pm at the Wharton Funeral Home.

      Survivors include her daughters, Sharon Parker and husband, Ray of Houston, Diane Supak and husband, Thomas of Houston; son, Randall Miller and wife, Kathy of Houston; sister, Martha Welfel of Wharton; six grandchildren and three great grandchildren also survive.

      If desiring, memorials may be made to the Houston Humane Society, 14700 Almeda Road, Houston, TX 77053 or to the SPCA, 900 Portway Dr., Houston, TX 77024. Wharton Funeral Home, 515 E. Boling Hwy., Wharton, TX 77488. 979-532-3410.
    • jesenwei@mdanderson.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2010
        Join us on November 7, 2010, for our annual Fall membership meeting.
        Our guest speaker will be Betty Jo Wilde, who will present a collection of Christmas Ornaments from Czech lands and elsewhere. She will describe their origin and what to look for while collecting. If you have old Christmas ornaments, please feel free to bring them for show and tell.

        The meeting will also include the election of officers and the ratification of Board of Directors. Members are asked to bring a covered dish for a Pot Luck Lunch.

        The meeting starts at 2:00 pm and will last till 5:00 pm. at the Harris County CHS Library, 4117 Willowbend Blvd. in Houston