My Computer is Fixed

  • charles kretzschmar
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2010
      dear pat and others.....

      pat was hacked on 14 sep 2010 and i was hacked on 23 sep 2010.  i am keeping a list of us czechs who were hacked and i have 7 names now.  my hacked message was the same to send money to london and if someone responded to it, the hacker gave an address in london.  we have changed passwords often now.  we also lost our whole directory and could not respond to it.  we did not know about "options/spam" and forwarding all my emails to.....the hacker.  we need to tighten our security up more.  thank you pat for the fbi internet crimes (ICC.gov).  i did not know who to call or tell.  please tighten your security now and back up your directory.  i feel like the chicken who woke up the farmer, who killed the fox in the hen house.  agk.

    • Paula Foster
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2010
        Texas Czech Members:
        There are several ways someone can get into your computer.  I wish I knew them all.  I dropped At&t except internet and local service.  After that one day my computer would not let me in my Yahoo.  I called At&t.  It seemed someone had gotten in.  The tech help me to get in with a new password.  Now, I am getting official looking documents saying At&t needs to contact me in my spam box.  I just delete them.  If At&t needs to talk to me they can call me.  The second way I know is my Paypal.  I get official notice that I need to update my account.  I called them, they said they never ever send out emails, they call or when you look on to your account there will be a direct message from them.  Finally, in my spam I get notices supposely from my credit card company.  I just delete.  If anyone gets through my spam, I do not know you, I delete you.  The best advise I have I read in RD was on passwords, make them hard and weird, do not use family names, favorite pets etc.  Remember unless you have asked your credit company or bank to email you do not open.
        Like my son, the computer tech told me all you can do is have a good anti-versus and do not open anything unless you know them, but Momma there are hackers who are the best and not matter what you do it can happen.  paulasmaggie
        pat was hacked on 14 sep 2010 and i was hacked on 23 sep 2010.  i am keeping a list of us czechs who were hacked and i have 7 names now.  my hacked message was the same to send money to london and if someone responded to it, the hacker gave an address in london.  we have changed passwords often now.  we also lost our whole directory and could not respond to it.  we did not know about "options/spam" and forwarding all my emails to.....the hacker.  we need to tighten our security up more.  thank you pat for the fbi internet crimes (ICC.gov).  i did not know who to call or tell.  please tighten your security now and back up your directory.  i feel like the chicken who woke up the farmer, who killed the fox in the hen house.  agk.

      • Roland Beausoleil
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2010
          Pat,

              I tried ICC.GOV but it didn't work. I did a search and found IC3.GOV which is the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

                  Roland Beausoleil

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2010
            Roland,

            It is is IC3.gov.  At the bank that I work for, we just watched a webinar and they spoke about it.

            Debbie

            Debbie O.
            Live, Laugh, Love
            Don't let the chain of love end with you

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2010
              Hi Paula,

              Read your message with interest and plan to send it word by word to friends and kin in Fort Worth, Dallas, Garland, etc  Well written and true,

              And since you posted that message, I got about the 3rd or 4th 'message' from Pay Pal about my account is temporally suspended - please contact us to etc., etc.;  Ain't gonna do it, either.  One message said they were not going to pay $ due me from sale of items in my account.  HUH?  Me no sell anything on Internet, and don't even have an account for sales. I do use Paypal to buy items.  That message, as with the others, the credit card notices and bank account notices (and from banks I don't even have an account, much less ever heard of bank by ones named) are deleted.  Thought of replying to credit card notices to please send me a card, I never had an account with you, etc.  But then the scammer would know they got a good email address by my replying.  My delete key is getting worn... <G>

              The Pay Pal notice appears real, until you look at the return address, and there is no such address (that I know of) for Paypalc - notice the letter c after paypal.

              From messages online today, learned of ability to block spam addresses from being entered on your PC.  I've added couple today and will enter this Paypalc address. <G>

              Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

            • Paula Foster
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2010
                Morning Sir John,

                Yep, they will try to get you anyway they can.  I just opened my computer in the Spam Box is a Kohl message asking for a review.  That is interesting because Kohl has never asked about a review even when I bought on line.  Also, Kohl's weekly specials always go into my regular emails, not my spam.  I hit delete immediately, even half-asleep at 4 in the morning I know this is not right.

                Quite frankly, it is scary, no matter what you do to protect your computer, there is always the chance someone can get in.

                Sounds silly, but all you have left is to pray to God that it does not happen.

                Sir John, I would love to talk to everyone on facebook just to see how people think and feel about certain issues, but even that is taking a chance.  I limit my friends and limit my info on my wall.

                It is a sad state we are in, but that is what it is and you just make the best of it.

                Hope you have a good day,

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 8, 2010
                  Actually, the FBI website to report these kinds of fraud complaints = www.IC3.gov which stands for Internet Crime Complaint Center. I did register a complaint with them and received a Complaint ID Number and a special Password if and when I need to get in touch with them again reference this complaint.

                  Sorry, besides being very upset, I did'nt have my notes when I sent out that email.

                  Pat Cosper