Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Hillje SPJST Hall. (Photo)

  • cmikeska@hot.rr.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 29, 2010
      No, but I have a Frank that married Frances Psencik. I am married to a Mikeska, her father is an officer at the SPJST home office here in Temple, I will forward this to him, I believe he also has a Frank.

      charles mikeska

      ---- Paula Foster <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:
      > Charles, Quick family question.  Do you have a Julia Supak who married a Frank Mikeska in your family tree?  paulasmaggie

    • Allen Livanec
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 29, 2010
         The old Hillje Hall burned down in August of 1970. About 2 months after our wedding reception there.

        From: tjslansky <tjslansky@...>
        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 2:07 PM

        I had found a group picture of the Hillje members in Pamatnik and have a copy of the page of the list of members and the picture of them.

        My grandfather Peter Stepan's name and it list five children,(no names) which would include my mother.  I would like to find someone who might have an original picture to have a copy made.

        I had asked a couple of persons from the El campo area and they do not know what became of the early records.

        Any help will be appreciated.

        TJ Slansky

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 2, 2010

          > I asked Mike Ahlstrom a SPJST District officer living in Victoria about locating a photo of the Hillje SPJST hall.   He sent out a query and received the following.  Maybe this will help find a photo.

          Subject: Re: FW: [TexasCzechs] Re: Hillje SPJST Hall. (Photo)

          You may call (Slick) Jerome Knebel from Hillje,  he comes to the meetings
          once in a while, 979-543-5098

          > Or the spjst home office in temple
          > Their no is
          > 254-773-1575
          >
          > Charles mikeskaSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: jesenwei@...
          > Sender: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:15:46 -0000To: <TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com>ReplyTo: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Re: Hillje SPJST Hall. (Photo)
          >

          > Try contacting Texas Dance Hall Preservation
          >
          > http://texasdancehall.org/index.html
          >

          > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Allen Livanec <allen.livanec@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Does anyone know if a photo of the original SPJST Hall in Hillje, Tx. exists? My
          >
          > > wife and I had our wedding reception there in 1970 and would like to have a
          >
          > > picture for our wedding album.
          >

          > > Dekuju
          >

          > > Allen Livanec

        • Allen Livanec
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 3, 2010
             Great site. Unfortunatley there is no mention of the Hillje SPJST Hall.

          • gastzt@aol.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 3, 2010
              hmmmm!   MIKE AHLSTROM, Victoria---!  Can someone ask him if he was any kin to the Ahlstrom's  that lived on Lockhill Rd. in San Antonio, Tx--(Northside of town)----   they were our neighbors in the 1950's---   (thanks for your time) !
                gee thanks!
                Stan Zettner,
              Pleasanton, Tx
            • Elaine Malina
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 5, 2010
                I spoke to Mike yesterday and he is not related to the Ahlstrom's that lived in San Antonio.

                E. Malina

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 5, 2010
                  Gee thank you for the Ahlstrom INFO-----    appreciate that!   Gosh---you never know--!
                   Stan Zettner