Re: Texas Czech Show: Ennis, Texas Kouzek Ceskych Zen, Jan Vaculik, editor of Hospodar

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2010
      Jana, is this show in the archives on CATV? We missed it when it was on in July.
      Thanks, Julie

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Jana Vaculik <janavaculik@...> wrote:

      > The Texas Czech Show will broadcast on Friday, July 9, 2010 at 8 pm CST
      > on www.catvusa.com
      > Click on CATV LIVE on the left hand side.
      >
      > The broadcast will feature scenes from the
      > 44th annual National Polka Festival in Ennis, Texas including the
      > parade, The Moravians a group of Ennis High School students who formed
      > their own polka band, and a kolache eating contest.
      >
      > Also,
      > featured in this month's broadcast is the 75th anniversary celebration
      > of the Circle of Czech women (Kouzek Ceskych Zen) of Dallas, Texas.
      > Their motto is always love one another, Mejte se vzdycky radi. The group
      > was founded in 1935, after reading about other ladies groups in the
      > Hlasatel newspaper from Chicago. Their purpose was to help needy
      > families, visit the sick, and support charitable organizations and they
      > continue with that same purpose today. All meetings were in Czech
      > language until 1981 and the group continues to meet in the Sokol Zizka
      > Dallas hall. A performance by the Dallas Czech orchestra.
      >
      > Also, an interview with Jan Vaculik, editor of the
      > monthly Czech newspaper, Hospodar, currently published in West, Texas.
      > Czech written Hospodar was founded in 1890 in Omaha, Nebraska by Jan
      > Rosicky for newly arrived immigrants from Europe. Many of them wanted to
      > farm in America but farming conditions were very different in
      > comparison with European techniques. Presently, the content varies with
      > historical articles, memoirs, description from various festivals and
      > current events from the Czech Republic. Mr. Vaculik emigrated from
      > Czechoslovakia in 1968 and I will ask him about publishing a 120 year
      > old newspaper, the future of Czech language publishing and his life
      > experiences. There are less than five publications in the United States
      > still published in the Czech language and two of them are in the state
      > of Texas.
      >
      > Also, featured at the end of the broadcast is a calendar
      > of events which lists festivals and activities in the Texas Czech
      > community.
      >
      > Be a fan of Czech American TV and the Texas Czech
      > Show on Facebook.
      > See upcoming events and program announcements
      >
      > www.facebook.com/texasczechshow
      > www.facebook.com/czechamericantv
      >
      > CATV Live show is a show which
      > broadcasts live only at a certain time much like an evening news
      > broadcast. Go to Czech-American TV website at www.catvusa.com and click
      > on the CATV Live button on the left hand side to view the program on
      > July 9 at 8 pm CST.

      > The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail.

    • Jana M
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
        No none of my shows are archived. Only my Shiner strudel bake, Mr. Anton Rejcek, then two more shows coming in October. As of August the Texas Czech Show no longer will broadcast, so I will be making reports directly to air on Czech American TV website.

        Jana
      • helen black
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2010
          Could someone videotape your shows and make them available on DVD or downladable for a fee?  I always enjoy your show and am so disappointed when I have to miss your show {or can't get to the computer at that time} and realize it won't be repeated.  I'm sure others feel the same.  There isn't any other like it.

          Thank you for all you do to keep Czech history alive and for continuing the Hospodar as its editor.