Re: [TexasCzechs] Adamcik

  • Robert and Nancy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2010
      A search at http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html# found a marriage record.  Mary Wecheta married F. M. Adamcik on January 18, 1893 in Fayette County.

      In addition, a daughter Marie Adamcik born on February 9, 1900 in Williamson County, died of tuberculosis on May 29, 1923 in Fayetteville, Fayette County.

      If you put Wecheta into the search box with Texas, United States as the location, 2 pages of information come up.  You might find some Wecheta ancestors that are familiar to you.

      Hope this helps you in your search for information.

      Nancy Schmidt

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2010
        looks as though this Frank Adamcik's father was brother to father of Frank Adamcik of Hostyn married to a Janda.

        On Jul 1, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Traveler wrote:

        Oh I forgot, Mary Adamcik Mary Adamcik . We think her maiden name was Wecheta.

        Thanks again, rick

      • Steve Alvarez
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010

          Rick

          If in doing your research on the Wecheta surname, if you run across a Joseph Wecheta Married to a Christina Pavlicek.  I would be

          interested to know.  I know very little of them, but they did have a daughter named Mary born in 1894.

          thanks

          Steve Alvaez

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010

            Rick

            I just looked at your attachment, I see the birth dates on the 2 are different.

            thanks

            steve

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010

              yup, this is her family, This census is close to as far as I got.  I know she was alive in 1948 when her brother passed away.

              As you can see, she had a bunch of girls, but she also had a son, he is buried in Frydek.

              Steve

              > If in doing your research on the Wecheta surname, if you run across a
              Joseph
              > Wecheta Married to a Christina Pavlicek. I would be
              >
              > interested to know. I know very little of them, but they did have a
              > daughter named Mary born in 1894.
              >

              > thanks
              >
              > Steve Alvaez

            • Matt Cross
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010
                Steve,

                I found a death certificate for a Christine Wecheta, but with no parents listed. Birth date given is 14 Jul 1862 in Austria; death 4 Feb 1955 in Houston; burial in Forest Park Cemetery. Also found a marriage index record showing that she and Joseph married 4 Jul 1881 in Fayette County.

                Also found a death certificate for one of the daughters: Louise Anna Sandusky, born 4 Dec 1885 in Texas and died at Tomball 1 May 1969, buried at Brookside Memorial Park.

                Matt Cross
                lennonluv@...

                To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
                From: salvarez4@...
                Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:45:49 -0500
                Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] Re: Adamcik/Wecheta

                yup, this is her family, This census is close to as far as I got.  I know she was alive in 1948 when her brother passed away.

                As you can see, she had a bunch of girls, but she also had a son, he is buried in Frydek.

                Steve

                > If in doing your research on the Wecheta surname, if you run across a Joseph
                > Wecheta Married to a Christina Pavlicek. I would be
                >
                > interested to know. I know very little of them, but they did have a
                > daughter named Mary born in 1894.
                >

                > thanks
                >
                > Steve Alvaez

              • Steve Alvarez
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010

                  You are correct on all counts.  Their license number was 26881 filed on June 6, 1881

                  Joseph her husband died in 1932.  He is also buried in Forest Park.  I know her parents

                  They are my great, great, great Grandparents.

                  If you find anything else I would be grateful to know, a person never knows when something will show up.

                  I would love to find a living descendant of hers, maybe there is a picture of her.  Maybe one day I will have

                  to put a full effort into finding one.

                  From: salvarez4@...
                  Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:45:49 -0500

                  yup, this is her family, This census is close to as far as I got.  I know she was alive in 1948 when her brother passed away.

                  As you can see, she had a bunch of girls, but she also had a son, he is buried in Frydek.

                  Steve

                  > If in doing your research on the Wecheta surname, if you run across a
                  Joseph
                  > Wecheta Married to a Christina Pavlicek. I would be
                  >
                  > interested to know. I know very little of them, but they did have a
                  > daughter named Mary born in 1894.
                  >

                  > thanks
                  >
                  > Steve Alvaez

                • Matt Cross
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 7, 2010
                    Do you have an obituary for her?

                    Matt Cross
                    lennonluv@...

                    To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

                    From: salvarez4@...
                    Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:45:49 -0500

                    yup, this is her family, This census is close to as far as I got.  I know she was alive in 1948 when her brother passed away.

                    As you can see, she had a bunch of girls, but she also had a son, he is buried in Frydek.

                    Steve

                    > If in doing your research on the Wecheta surname, if you run across a Joseph
                    > Wecheta Married to a Christina Pavlicek. I would be
                    >
                    > interested to know. I know very little of them, but they did have a
                    > daughter named Mary born in 1894.
                    >

                    > thanks
                    >
                    > Steve Alvaez

                  • Steve Alvarez