Re: [TexasCzechs] Vincenc Rypl immigrated abt 1854

  • Paula Foster
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
      Doris, I found this in Vol. 1, page 7 under Appendix I:
      List of Czech Passengers on the Maria Roster as Compiled in Liverpool, England:
      Josef Rypl 24, *Ann Rypl 31, Vincence Rypl, Anna or Josef Rypl Infant
      Page 8:
      The Maria Passengers in great detail, as researched by Frantisek Silar:
      Josef Rypl, Nepomuky No. 19, born 14 May 1827
      Anna Rypl daughter of Pavel & Johanna Shiller from Nepomuky No. 3, born 22 June 1820, and children:
      Vincenc Ryple, born February 3, 1849
      Anna Rypl and Josef Rypl, bn July 5, 1851

      Page 3 The Maria left Liverpool after 63 days arriving in New Orleans on Feb. 3, 1852.

      Doris, what happen to these families before and after arriving in New Orleans then Galveston is very tragic.  I am going to send another email with a condense version of their story.

      paula

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010

        Paula,

        I went to the Galveston immigration database and found the 17 families that came on the ship Maria which includes the Rypl family you posted.  Of course, it doesn’t have all the wonderful detail you posted.  So, thank you , again.

        However…I can’t connect the dots of the family on the Maria to the family of the Vincenc Rypl in the article I posted.  Maybe I am not reading it right.  In the article I posted, Vincenc Rypl is the father, and Josef is the 3 year old son.  But in the immigration record, the roles are reversed.  Josef is the father, and Vincenc is the 2 year old son.  I would estimate that Vincenc would have been born in the 1820’s.  It is odd how it almost matches, but not quite.

        I have not been able to find an immigration record around 1854 for a Rypl family where Vincenc is the father.

        It makes me wonder it there might be some error in the records.  Do we know anyone that descends from Josef Rypl who married Marie Novosad?  That might shed some light.

        Doris