obit: Louise Mitchell Matocha

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 4:43 AM
      Mrs. Louise Matocha, 69, of 1303 N. Moody St., died at 12:40 a.m. Saturday in a local hospital following a few weeks illness.

      A resident of Victoria for 32 years, Mrs. Matocha was born Oct. 22, 1904, in Hallettsville, to the late Emil and Elenore T. Berekenhoff Mitchell.  She was a former resident of Yoakum and was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church and St. Mary's Altar Society.

      Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church with the Rev. John Orr officiating.  Burial will be in Resurrection Cemetery.  The body will lie in state at Colonial Funeral Home Chapel until 8:45 a.m. Monday at which time it will be taken to the church.

      A prayer service will be held at 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral chapel.

      Pallbearers will be Otto Kalischko, Benny Albrecht, James A. Traber, Melvin Christian, Joe Wearden and Roger Dawson.

      Should friends so desire, contributions may be made to the Heart Fund in memory of Mrs. Matocha.

      Surviving are her husband, Rudy Matocha of Victoria; a daughter, Mrs. Doris Parson of El Paso; a son, Charles K. Matocha of Lower Burrell, Pa.; three sisters, Miss Ophelia Mitchell and Mrs. John Grass of San Antonio and Miss Helen Mitchell of Phoenix, Ariz. and five grandchildren.

      Victoria Advocate, Sunday, March 31, 1974

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 7:20 AM
        The Mitchell surname for this family has been spelled Mitchel, the original spelling, and Mitchell. Elenore Berkenhoff was the daughter of August "Gustav" Berkenhoff and Antoinette Moeller/Moller/Mueller. Her sister Fredericka is the direct ancestor of Cullis Holub and Rochelle Bubenik Kinter.
        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...

        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

        Victoria Advocate, Sunday, March 31, 1974

        Submitted by Rosemary Ermis

      • FayeLee39@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1 11:52 AM
          Thanks Matt and Rosemary,

          Honestly I missed this one.  I didn't read down and see Berkenhoff, and Louise's first name on my family tree is Dorothy.  So I kind of just eased by.  THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP.

          Cullis

          lennonluv@hotmail. com

          To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com

          Victoria Advocate, Sunday, March 31, 1974

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1 12:09 PM
            Yes, should have mentioned that the full name was Dorothy Louise, but, as we can see, she went by Louise.
            Matt Cross
            lennonluv@...

            To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
            From: FayeLee39@...
            Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 14:52:53 -0400

            To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com

            Victoria Advocate, Sunday, March 31, 1974

            Submitted by Rosemary Ermis