Re: [TexasCzechs] 150th Anniversay of St. Mary's at High Hill.

  • Rochelle Kinter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
      My family on the other side was there to help start it also. Their last name is Stanzel (yes, related to the airplane people)

      At 12:43 PM 6/30/2010, you wrote:

      This is the 150th year anniversary of the church.  I tried to find out online for you, but couldn't find anything about it on the Fayette County site or the genealogy site.

      Julie, my family was there from the beginnings of both the St. John the Baptist and the St. Mary's churches.  Do you know if the staff of the Schulenburg Sticker would mail a copy of that article to me?  Do you have their address where I can mail a request?  I would love to read what they found.  Thanks.

      Nan

      Hi Carl -

      I don't have any details on the actual picnic and not sure where you are located, but we just got the Schulenburg Sticker this week and they have a beautiful story on the front page titled 'Hidden treasures discovered during restoration at High Hill' by Lisa Mederos of the Schulenburg Sticker staff.  It is rather lengthy.  If you know anyone that subscribes to the Sticker, perhaps you could get your hands on it to read about the hidden treasures.  The Sticker is not online either.

      Julie, originally from Ammannsville

      On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:56 PM, carl_frietsch <fs830@...> wrote:

      I was recently told that St. Mary's in High Hill will be celebrating its 150th Anniversary over the Labor Day weekend. Does anyone have any details about this event? Thank you.

      Carl Frietsch

      --
      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala