obit: Evelyn Doreca Matula Davis

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2010

      Brazosport Facts, The (Clute, TX) - March 16, 2005

      Deceased Name: Evelyn Doreca Matula Davis

      Funeral services for Evelyn Doreca Matula Davis, of Angleton, will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday, March 18, 2005, at Church of Christ, Wilkins Street in Angleton, with Leland Rogers officiating.

      Burial will follow in Angleton Cemetery.

      Visitation will be at Palms Funeral Home on Thursday, March 17, 2005, from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m.

      Evelyn was born to Haron and Jewell Bennett Matula in Damon on October 3, 1936. She was an Angleton resident since 1947, a member of Church of Christ, Wilkins Street, and taught Sunday School for 40 years. Evelyn loved children and taught preschool for 40 years. Evelyn died on Monday at her residence at the age of 68. Her parents precede her.

      Surviving are her husband, Virgil Davis; daughters, Rose Marie Disher and husband, Paul, of Pennsylvania, Mary Lou Davis of Kansas, Sue Ellen Davis of Dallas; brothers, Duane Matula and wife, Sandra, of Damon, George Matula and wife, Pat, of Brady, Texas; sister, Jeannett Rose and husband, Elbert, of Damon; two grandchildren; and numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.

      Evelyn.. she was a gracious lady, a loving wife and a loving mother. Many were charmed by her smile.

      For these many years she has held my heart in the palm of her hands. Even now, not living with us, she still holds my heart in her hands.

      So I wander aimlessly, lost without my soulmate. But at some point in time I shall once again lay by your side.

      My loss and grief cannot be measured.

      Your loving husband,

      Virgil