OBIT: Evelyn Matzke Albrecht

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2010
      EVELYN MATZKE ALBRECHT
      PORT LAVACA - Evelyn Rose Matzke Albrecht, 65, of Port Lavaca passed away June 2, 2010.

      She was born July 3, 1944, in Waller, to the late Leon Henry and Geraldine Marie Hughes Matzke. She was a retired nurse for Calhoun County ISD and member of Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church. She was the current president of the Calhoun County Retired Teachers, Historian for Delta Kappa Gamma, and was a former longtime member of Catholic Daughters.
      She is survived by her husband, Shelton Albrecht of Port Lavaca; daughters, Shellye Simpson Moon and husband Chad of Austin, Wynde LeAnne Pustejovsky and husband Kenneth of The Woodlands; son, Darrin Lee Albrecht and wife Brenda of Friendswood; sisters, Ann Marie McCarthy of Palestine and Susan Elizabeth Schaefer of Fredericksburg; and grandchildren, Ryan Anthony Simpson, Joshua Lee Albrecht, Jeremy Logan Albrecht and Kendall Isaac Pustejovsky.  She was preceded in death by her parents and sister, Alice Lee Welch.

      Visitation will be held on Tuesday, June 8th, at 6 p.m., with a rosary to be recited at 7 p.m. at Richardson-Colonial Funeral Home. Memorial Mass will be held Wednesday morning, June 9th, at 11 a.m. at Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church.
      In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Hospice of South Texas, Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic School, or donor's choice.

      Richardson-Colonial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements, 361-552-2988.

      Published in Victoria Advocate on June 6, 2010